My shortcuts keep disappearing

I have a number of saved searches and notes that I keep in the Shortcuts list. However, they are constantly disappearing on me after a day or two.  I cannot figure out what is causing them to disappear.  I will drag them all to Shortcuts and then when I come back into Evernote later, the Shortcuts list is empty.  This has been occurring for a couple months.

I primarily use Windows desktop version on multiple PC's, but also access the data from my iPhone and iPad.  I have three premium accounts between me and the wife and my kids have free accounts that requires switching between these accounts frequently.  This issue appears to occur with all the accounts.

I searched and couldn't seem to find any other discussions around issues with the Shortcuts feature. Maybe I just don't understand the Shortcuts feature correctly.

Too bad they do not have an obvious way to spot them!

I agree.

Thankfully because the issue has been brought up before and because we are discussing it here in a location the is read by Evernote staff, we can rest assured that they are aware of our feelings (and we can keep our fingers crossed that they act on it). 

Thanks for the feedback.  I've done as suggested to fully exit the application before closing out a session for 5 days now.  I also checked and confirmed that "synchronize shortcuts" check box was checked on all my accounts. All was good until today. On one premium (work) account, the shortcuts have disappeared on my Windows 8 PC, but they are still visible on my iPhone, Windows 7 laptop and at evernote.com.  I've synced a couple times from all 3 devices with no change.

I went to these same devices and synced my other 2 premium accounts and these are still holding the shortcuts, so working fine. 

So still puzzled....guess I will uninstall Evernote on the Windows 8 machine and reinstall.  

Thanks for the feedback.  I've done as suggested to fully exit the application before closing out a session for 5 days now.  I also checked and confirmed that "synchronize shortcuts" check box was checked on all my accounts. All was good until today. On one premium account, the shortcuts have disappeared on my Windows 8 PC, but they are still visible on my iPhone, Windows 7 laptop and at evernote.com.  I've synced a couple times from all 3 devices with no change.

I went to these same devices and synced my other 2 premium accounts and these are still holding the shortcuts, so working fine. 

So still puzzled....guess I will uninstall Evernote on the Windows 8 machine and reinstall.  

The re-install seemed to work for fredhammersmith.

• Level 5

Will do.

And a related note: is there a quick way to spot local notebooks? I had too many notebooks at one point, and some of them were local. Spotted them by accident.

You're past it now, but to close off the question...

If there's an obvious way to differentiate them in the UI, it sneaks past me.

You can tediously right click on each one and select properties and it will tell you if its local or synced.

To get a list of just the local ones you have to open an command prompt window in the Evernote folder and run a script utility.

• List all notebooks: C:\Program Files\Evernote\Evernote>enscript listnotebooks
  • List synced notebooks: C:\Program Files\Evernote\Evernote>enscript listnotebooks /t synced
  • List business notebooks: C:\Program Files\Evernote\Evernote>enscript listnotebooks /t business
  • List local notebooks: C:\Program Files\Evernote\Evernote>enscript listnotebooks /t local
  • 2 years later...

I'm having an issue on Windows, where after selecting an item in the shortcuts window, the previously selected shortcut is removed from the list of shortcuts. I have tried syncing prior to making any changes, and immediately after making changes, but this keeps happening. This effectively makes the Shortcuts feature pointless

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, wkhatch said:

I'm having an issue on Windows, where after selecting an item in the shortcuts window, the previously selected shortcut is removed from the list of shortcuts. I have tried syncing prior to making any changes, and immediately after making changes, but this keeps happening. This effectively makes the Shortcuts feature pointless

This is absolutely not expected behaviour.  I'd recommend uninstalling / restarting and reinstalling Evernote to begin with - it may just be a broken file somewhere...

How to uninstall and reinstall Evernote

• 1 year later...

Archived