Nested tags in Evernote Business - is Business a white elephant?

So I have just found, to my amazement and disappointment, that nested tags (and notebooks) are not possible in Evernote Business.  

We are trying to use EN Business as a knowledge management tool, improving on and replacing a corporate library. The intention was to use notebooks to organise notes by program, project or publication and use tags as controlled metadata indicating subject/format etc.  

There is a clear need for notebook stacks to accommodate project phases, and an just as important need to be able to organise and nest tags to keep them tidy and well organised.  I cannot believe this is not possible.  Surely this is core functionality. Any user should be able to create business notebook stacks and have these hierarchies maintained when sharing with other users or adding to the business library.  Any user should be able to create tags for the business and organise them into hierarchies, unless the admin has disabled the function.  

This is something that slipped right by us when we were looking at EN Business - after all, it's pretty basic functionality in premium, even if it does get ugly when you try to share notebooks.  There is a real dearth of clear information about this issue out there, particularly from evernote.  This is a showstopper for us, and could turn what we hoped was a silver bullet into a white elephant.  We will have to revert to premium.  But that still wouldn't fix the loss of hierarchies when sharing.  What would work?  One shared premium account? 

Can ANYONE clarify this for me, or suggest a workaround/solution?  Feel very disillusioned with Evernote Business. I was a passionate premium user in my private life, and argued hard for the implementation of Business as a knowledge management tool where I work.  

• Level 5

White Elephant sounds like a good description.

Over the past 3 months, the Evernote Business sub-forum has averaged just 1 post per day.

Granted, some people have posted E.B. issues in other sub-forums, but there certainly has not been a ground swell of activity.

Archived