Zoom lost when editing large pictures

alaschgari

I'm having this problem, too, and it's enervating... it happens anytime i click on a tool or markup on the canvas. Help would be very much appreciated, because as is, my work time has doubled having to zoom in repeatedly on a single document. 

• 1 month later...

I sent the following to the folks at Evernote - I think we in this thread are having a similar issue with settings being reset. If skitch was like Grab or a simple screen capture program - then fine, but because it is so much more, and does annotation, it stands to reason that some users are using it on a repeated, sequential manner, bringing content into evernote, so when doing repeated screen captures or screen selection captures, it does not make sense, to me at least, to have the application revert to a default size on the screen and to reset the zoom settings - especially if fit to window is selected....

Oh My! I just noticed, tool settings revert too with a new capture - such as selection highlight vs. draw with the marker - if one selected highlight, app is open and one is working, would be nice to stay on highlight as the sub-selected feature of the tool!

--

Dear Evernote,
Evernote+Skitch are way ahead of the competition for note-taking, outlining, and clipping info - the new OneNote's clipping and lack of an app like Skitch makes it really a non-starter for the productivity user. However, as part of Evernote staying on top, Skitch (either standalone or integrated) needs to be kept in top shape - so I have a suggestion/bug: as a stand alone app, I re-size the window and place it somewhere on my screen to do work, I also adjust the zoom (for example fit to screen option), great! then I clip another piece of screen, and now my app is re-sized and my zoom is reset - this should not happen for a stand alone app - at least when "fit in window" is selected, that setting should stay the way it is unless it is changed - does that not make sense - think about other productivity apps - once new content is brought in, the app should not re-size or re-shape window of the app right? please fix this. Thank you kindly!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived