(Archived) Combining Notes

chronistin

Trying to figure out if there is a way to determine a sequence when combining notes.

Background is that I have automated all kinds of content for my journal, and at the end of the day, I want to make one daily journal note from the different sources.

As far as I could find out, when you combine 2 notes, the note you click first is on top of the combined note. But when you combine more than 2, the notes in the combined note get sorted by createtime, with the newest note on top.

Is that right so far? Can I change it? 

Trying to figure out if there is a way to determine a sequence when combining notes.

Background is that I have automated all kinds of content for my journal, and at the end of the day, I want to make one daily journal note from the different sources.

As far as I could find out, when you combine 2 notes, the note you click first is on top of the combined note. But when you combine more than 2, the notes in the combined note get sorted by createtime, with the newest note on top.

Is that right so far? Can I change it? 

Merged notes are merged in click order, even when combining multiple notes.

OK, thanks to your input I've figured it out. It works when selecting single notes by ctrl-key. When you use shift, it's always reverse chronological, no matter where you start. I can work & live with that, thanks again!

OK, thanks to your input I've figured it out. It works when selecting single notes by ctrl-key. When you use shift, it's always reverse chronological, no matter where you start. I can work & live with that, thanks again!

When you batch select (shift click), the notes are added in the order they are displayed in the results pane.  IOW, if they are sorted by created date & you batch select, that's the order they will be merged in.  If they are sorted by descending title & you batch select, that's the order they will be in the merged note.  It doesn't matter whether you click the first to last or last to first. 

Archived