(Archived) Evernote Crashes with Scanned Document

mbuck

I am using Evernote with a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner.  Occasionally, I will scan a document, and when it loads the PDF file into Evernote, the pane showing the PDF file continuously redisplays the document.  It is almost like a strobe light.  If I click on a different note, the original document continues to re-display.  Sometimes I can close Evernote, but it usually hangs and I have to force Windows to close the program.  When I start it back up, the document will be there and will resume its repaint.  I have to carefully delete the note without doing anything else to get it back into a normal state.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  This problem started with the latest upgrade.  I am using Evernote version 5.1.0.2217 (270217) running on Windows XP.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Level 5*

I'm a big user of ScanSnap and PDF - not seeing the same problem here.  Do you scan very large documents?  Use encryption?  OCR before you upload?  I can't think of any reason why the display would constantly refresh because of one file type but not others..  You could try reinstalling Evernote and,  if that doesn't help,  reinstall the ScanSnap drivers - use Revo Uninstaller to remove both apps first,  and make sure you exit your Evernote application fully and backup the EXB file before you start!  For a less exciting suggestion - try a support ticket (below) and see what the team have to say..

Archived