Book Clubs and Evernote

K Logan

I have been using Evernote to save and record discussions my students have during thier book club discussions.  Initially it worked well.  They could add a quick note and their audio from the ipads.   I could pull the note up on my desktop and listen to their discussions.  I thought I had found the perfect solution.  The problem I am having is that the amount of memory the audios take limis how much we can use it.  Of course the school is unable to pay for a premium subscription.  I would love any suggestions. 

I have been using Evernote to save and record discussions my students have during thier book club discussions.  Initially it worked well.  They could add a quick note and their audio from the ipads.   I could pull the note up on my desktop and listen to their discussions.  I thought I had found the perfect solution.  The problem I am having is that the amount of memory the audios take limis how much we can use it.  Of course the school is unable to pay for a premium subscription.  I would love any suggestions.

Not sure what yore wanting here. If you're maxing out your upload limit with all the audio files, then upgrading is the only option. If you are unable or unwilling to do that, then you would need to find another solution.

So, coming from the teacher side here. You do not need a "School Subscription" for this to work. All you need is what we call a "Teacher Account" or one Premium account.

Here is how I would set it up.

1. Get premium for yourself. It is not that expensive last time I checked (less than $50/year). 

2. Share a note with your students - so that it comes from your account... (it could be individual notes for each student, or for each class, or each project / assignment).

3. Have the students add the audio from their iPads like usual, but just insert it on the note that you have shared. 

That should increase the upload limit from 60mb to 1gp per month...

Archived