Feature Request for Outlook: Re-open save email

Hi,

I'm just migrate to use Evernote from task list appplication which is too simple.

Using Evernote with Outlook. When click 'Add to Evernote' all of the email content including the attachments are save into Evernote. Very appreciate for this feature.

But i sace it to Evernote is to take action later.

The problem is when i click the save email in Evernote, i just can read and open the attachment but not link to the original email in Outlook.

So if i want to reply the save email in Evernote, i have to search the email in Outlook.

I suggest to add link in save email in Evernote to re-open the email in Outlook.

Thank you.

<I'm not fluent in english language. Sorry for the incorrect grammers or words>

• Level 5*

Hi

You don't say whether you are using Windows or Mac,  but in Windows it's possible to drag and drop an email from Outlook onto your desktop,  then from the desktop into a note.  The note will show the usual 'envelope' icon,  which if you click it will open in Outlook like a normal shortcut.  I don't know why it takes Outlook >> Desktop >> Evernote but a direct drag and drop won't work.  The embedded icon isn't searchable,  but if you also use the Evernote email clipper you can copy both the content and the shortcut.

Hi

You don't say whether you are using Windows or Mac,  but in Windows it's possible to drag and drop an email from Outlook onto your desktop,  then from the desktop into a note.  The note will show the usual 'envelope' icon,  which if you click it will open in Outlook like a normal shortcut.  I don't know why it takes Outlook >> Desktop >> Evernote but a direct drag and drop won't work.  The embedded icon isn't searchable,  but if you also use the Evernote email clipper you can copy both the content and the shortcut.

Hi gazumped,

Its work!

Quite funny :) haha..

Hopefully the Evernote team can improve the 'Add to Evernote' button in Outlook to be function as both operation:-

i. save the email with their attachment into Evernote as existing function.

ii. Link back the saved email in Evernote to the respective email in Outlook. So:-

- we not need to browse in the Outlook to search for the saved email in Evernote.

- we not need to do a single job twice. Click 'Add to Evernote' button to save. Drag the same email to Desktop before transfer it into Evernote. Then link it back to the save email to combine the save email and the link email.

thank you gazumped.. very appreciate...

• 9 months later...

I'm bumping this thread, hoping that EN-developers catch on. In the Gmail clipper (or formally the "web clipper for Chrome") you have exactly this feature: click the clipper function and get a copy of the mail in your default EN notbook. This email is augmented with a link "Open conversation in Gmail". It works like a charm! This is exactly what I need for outlook too.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, bumping this too.

I just started with the TSW/GTD thing and dump both my Gmail and Outlook emails into EN to empty my inboxes, but replying to outlook emails in EN isn't really working for me :).

• 3 months later...

Agreed - I would also really be helped with this feature!

As an additional idea: what you can also do is have EN monitor a folder (on the desktop) for new notes. Then if you want to save something from Outlook to EN you drag&drop it to this folder and it gets added to EN almost immediately. This saves you two steps (adding to EN from outlook and dragging from desktop into a note) but will cost you because the actual contents of the e-mail will not be directly readable in EN, only the subject and the .MSG file will be in the note.

I use it like that. I add the email both in outlook and drag and drop to the watched folder, then inside EN, i click both of the new items and combine them.

That way I can work with the email and attachments, and when I'm done, I doubleclick the email to reply to it letting whoever mailed me the work is done.

A few extra steps though that I really could live without.

Archived