Can't clip a simple image

msj301

Been trying to clip an image from a webpage for almost an hour now.  Clipper sidebar is erratic and keeps popping in and out.  When I get the clipper function to start, and select "crop", it takes me to the top of the webpage and gives me a box that doesn't include the image I want. (It's near the bottom of the page) Best I can tell, there's no way to scroll down to the image, and also, I'm looking at the image when I select the clipper tool.  

Anybody know what's up? 

@msj301

OS & browser version? Also what URL is this on so we can take a closer look.

A few possible things to try:

- Clipper will by default load in the last used action. So if sidebar goes away it sounds like it starts in screenshot mode. Then you are looking at a screenshot and thus cannot scroll. The area that gets captured is what you are currently looking at when the screenshot action is clicked (or if it is defaulted to screenshot where you are when you start the clipper)

- If you want a specific image only then I recommend you right click the image and clip from the context menu (without clicking the toolbar button)

Let me know if that helps. 

• 4 months later...

I am having the same problem and it happens on every website.  

Screenshot is the setting, so it takes the SS and then hides the tool bar. I then open it again to crop the image and it selects, but nothing happens. I can't crop anything. This has been happening ever since I have installed. I'm confused. 

Cheers

Byrnecore

@Byrnecore, by your description it sounds like you may have an older version installed. Please check that you are using version 6.1.1 and if not please re-install from www.evernote.com/webclipper. 

problem MAC OS-X Webclipper German Version

Chrome:Version 34.0.1847.116

Webclipper:version 6.1.1

After choosing "Schnappschuss" (snapshot)  Webclipper takes a snapshot (sound appears) and Sidebar vanishes. Elefant-Logo turns into blue. After reselecting the blue Logo i can´t crop or mark anything and even the whole website can not be scrolled until i reload the page in the browser. The other selections work : Article, Article without fotos, whole page etc.

Any Idea???

Archived