Not thrilled with my Jot Script and Penultimate solution

torgerson

Received my new Jot Script earlier this week, based on the recommendation of Evernote and Penultimate.  My early feedback:

1. The Jot Script does not register many pen strokes, leaving unintelligible writing in one out of five words.
  2. The Jot Script turns off too early for me, and is unable to keep up with my very average writing speed.
  3. Combining the slow recognition of the Jot Script with the overly fast pace of the Zoom box in Penultimate is not a working option. 
  4. While I remain one of the Penultimate users still frustrated with the Version 6.0 upgrade, I was able to work with my Jot Pro on the most recent upgrade.  Moving to the Jot Script presents an inferior option.
I have looked through the Adonit website and read through various forums for some indication of how to make the Jot Script work better, but to no avail.
The whole experience of moving from the old version of Penultimate (Version 5) with the Jot Pro to the updated version of Penultimate and the Jot Script has been very disappointing.  
While this exercise has introduced me to some of the best support and most professional responses (from both Adonit and Evernote) that I have ever encountered, I have become an unhappy customer.
The end result is that while I remain a user of Evernote (with a Premium account) I now use Evernote less and less. My use of Penultimate and the Adonit products is probably 10% of what it was prior to the new look Penultimate.  All this leads to a rather obvious options to either look for alternative software or to step back from the whole Evernote experience and hope that the matters are solved. 
Maybe I am just expressing a frustration with not being able to adjust to new products, but I am now sitting outside on a beautiful afternoon writing about matters that should not be distracting me from enjoying the peaceful ambience. 
I wish Evernote and Adonit all the best.

HI all.  I must throw my hat in with all others who are bitterly disappointed with the new Penultimate "upgrade".  It is an unmitigated failure.  Other than its slick look and the ability to automatically rotate landscape/portrait pages it is a disaster.  I have approximately 100 notebooks that were easy to find.  It is now extremely difficult to find notebooks.  The old feature of being able to sort them by date was fabulous and that appears to be gone.  Often times I make notes but dont remember the notebook and the date feature was wonderful.

As bad as the overall upgrade is when combining it with the new difficulties encountered when using JotScript it is downright infuriating.  It is very slow, often disengages (regardless of battery strength), draws above the actual contact point with the surface (very irritating), and on, and on.....

I echo the sentiments of others who question if those who designed this upgrade actually rely on it to the same level as so many of its dedicated users.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE fix it or revert back to the old version.

• 1 month later...

I have had my jot pen for about 6 months and it has never worked well enough to bother with it. Hopefully, Apple will come out with one soon... It has som potential but just keeps disconnecting about one second into writing anything. I have purchased two new packs of lithium batteries and that doesn't help. This is junk.

• 2 months later...

Just got my new jotscript. Such a disappointment. Can't believe this is marketed as a writing solution and Evernote should not risk their great reputation trying to market this silly gimmick.  In my haste to start using the new jotscript 2, I threw out the packaging so pretty much pointless trying to return this silly thing.

Archived