(Archived) Web Clipper NOT WORKING FOR OVER 1 FULL WEEK?

Sidney

The Web Clipper Function (via iPad Safari) Now has not been working for over 1 full week (just a blank box shows up for hours! see attached screenshot) In fact this problem was identified & discussed (by Evernote users & workers) ALL LAST WEEK! Then this morning another Evernote worker (responding to yet another complaint) treated it as though it was a new problem and seemed to be dismissing it by saying it was just slow but still functional. THIS IS NOT TRUE. It is NOT JUST SLOW. IT DOES NOT FUNCTION AT ALL. It has not worked now for 1+ week and counting. What is Evernote going to do NOW & TODAY to FIX IT!

I, and many others pay good money ("Premium Member"), and chose your product/service over many others) a a management tool for our research, work, interests...lives; and this is the way you treat us???

post-157898-0-60214600-1382368679_thumb.

• Level 5*

I don't think Evernote has ever supported an official clipper for Safari on iOS. There are some workarounds, but if you are using something that isn't Evernote blessed you can't really complain when it doesn't work.

I was wrong. We've now reproduced the issue and will fix it. 

Metrodon is also correct, the Web Clipper bookmarklet is not specifically developed for iOS, in any case a fix is coming. 

Great news! 

Thanks BurgersNFries. But a huge reason for me (& I suspect others beyond yourself) signing into the premium was so we could do much of our work portably (e.g. In my/others case via iPad). And now this does not seem to be the case.........if this problem is not corrected by Oct 23 I will be cancelling my "premium membership" and requesting reimbursement. (& if that your usage pattern doesn't identify with that, then it's not your issue brother. Best.)

Thanks BurgersNFries. But a huge reason for me (& I suspect others beyond yourself) signing into the premium was so we could do much of our work portably (e.g. In my/others case via iPad). And now this does not seem to be the case.........if this problem is not corrected by Oct 23 I will be cancelling my "premium membership" and requesting reimbursement. (& if that your usage pattern doesn't identify with that, then it's not your issue brother. Best.)

First, as mentioned above, there has never been an officially supported iOS web clipper.

Second, jbignert has already stated a fix will be coming.  WIll it be out by tomorrow?  Probably not.  Probably not the day after that even.  EN has priorities.  Although this is a high priority for you, it may not be for Evernote.

Since the issue has been acknowledged and that EN suggests a fix is coming, despite it not being a supported feature, I've decided to hold off at least for the time being, but I was looking into and maybe it would help you, the iOS apps that supposedly perform this feature... 

Clever Clipper

http://appcenter.evernote.com/app/clever-clip/ipad

EverWebClipper

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/everwebclipper-hd-for-evernote/id527035125?mt=8

http://http://www.macstories.net/reviews/quickly-send-webpages-to-evernote-with-everwebclipper/

these are both by the same developer.

Much thanks o_m_r_!!!...I've already subsribed/installed the EverWebClipper and I'm again portable and working away!!

That's great. Since you've had a good experience with it I might go that route as well… ;)

Archived