Best Portable Scanner

James R.

Hey Evernote Community,

I am looking to go Paperless in the immediate future, and was wondering which portable scanner works best with Evernote. I have done some of my own research and keep being brought back to two options:

1. Fujitsu ScanSnap S1100
  2. Doxie Go

If you have a different suggestion, please explain why you choose that specific model and if possible, provide a link. I appreciate everybody's feedback

- James R.

I have a Doxie Go and it works fine. It's super-portable -- I often sit in the car and scan batches of receipts in between appointments.

The drawback is that it's single-side, single-sheet, so not all that good for multipage documents. 

Hey Evernote Community,

I am looking to go Paperless in the immediate future, and was wondering which portable scanner works best with Evernote. I have done some of my own research and keep being brought back to two options:

1. Fujitsu ScanSnap S1100
  2. Doxie Go

If you have a different suggestion, please explain why you choose that specific model and if possible, provide a link. I appreciate everybody's feedback

- James R.

How much scanning are you planning on doing?  Do you have an iphone or android device?  Have you ever considered using an app such as Genius Scan? http://www.thegrizzlylabs.com/genius-scan/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James,

As some of the replies above have mentioned, you'll need to consider a few things:

1. Are you looking for a portable scanner that is always with you, or something that is good but not too clunky to bring along with you?

2. Are you planning to do a lot of scanning on a weekly/daily basis?

3. If you're going down the route of an app, which platform are you on?

My reason for asking the questions above are:
1. If you're looking for something that is always with you that can do reasonable scans, then a mobile phone is your best bet. If you want something that gives you good quality scans, but won't bring it everywhere (such as to the grocery store), then you could check out the Doxie and Fujitsu scanners that you metnioned.

2. If you're not doing a lot of scanning, you could try the mobile apps.

3. If you're on iOS, I'd suggest DocScanner. If you're on Android, I'd suggest CamScanner.

I did a review on DocScanner here, in case it helps:
http://chungliwen.com/blog/docscanner-for-ios-my-portable-scanner/

Good luck.

Cheers,

Matt

Archived