Resize Image in Editor

Jeremy W

Guys, I'm a premium user.  Just upgraded because I love Evernote.  But we REALLY need to add the ability to resize images in the editor quickly.  My images from my iPhone are massive.  I need to be able to take quick snapshots, resize later so the presentation of the note looks good.

Some employee is going to tell me to resize with Skitch.  I don't want to do that.  First, I need another application to do a simple resize?  Second, when I do that, the image is still scaled to the massive size that it was prior to resize in Evernote, making it huge and pixelated.

Is this on the table for an upcoming update?

• 1 month later...

Completely agree with the above. How is there no way to resize images within your note? I downloaded Skitch to resize but when shrinking larger images, they become pixilated and unusable. We need to be able to resize images WITHIN the note (not using outside applications).

Is anything like this coming with future updates to Evernote?

• Level 5*

Completely agree with the above. How is there no way to resize images within your note? I downloaded Skitch to resize but when shrinking larger images, they become pixilated and unusable. We need to be able to resize images WITHIN the note (not using outside applications).

How do you resize an image without distorting the imagery? Even with better sampling algorithms, you still get distortion -- just putting resize functionality into Evernote isn't going to change that.

Is anything like this coming with future updates to Evernote?

Nobody knows but Evernote, and they don't typically tell us their future plans.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Level 5*

Does the new Evernote for Windows (5.2), released within the last couple of days, allow this resizing functionality?

I tried but could not make resizing work.

Thanks.

That would be a no then.  That,  or I can't make it work either.  Evernote did imply there's more to come on the recent update,  so maybe soon...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Resize in Skitch Annotate will come, I'm convinced. But in the meantime, it's not that hard to resize in a separate photo editor, say, Windows Paint.

• 3 weeks later...

Far more useful in this setting than 'Rotate' and 'Flip' which was streamlined into the interface ages ago.  Especially important with big screens, as screen clips get huge, and they are pure PNG to boot.  Raw-ish images in a notetaking/screenshot based environment should be the exception (option), not the rule. 

• 2 weeks later...

+1

I like to mix meeting notes with photos of things like flipcharts however the sizing means that the photos fill the full screen - making the function unusable.

This isn't about image resolution - this is about the display size on the screen. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A year ago I left Evernote for another note keeping app purely because of the image resizing issue. I really liked everything else about this app but I am an art student and need to drop a lot of images into my notes and don't want the hassle of another step to resize each time. It is not a major thing - most other note taking apps have this feature. I came back to see if this issue had been resolved - nope, so it's farewell Evernote until this is sorted.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't agree with this post more. I feel so sad. I found this great app, and now this one feature is literally going to kill it for me. 

The main issue is that I can't stand the way my images look when viewed on a very large screen. My iphone images are too big. They look great when viewed on the iphone app, but when I send them out to clients I need them to look great on any screen. Please don't make me try yet another note program. It's killing me that you've fixed this for mac but not for windows. 

Archived