Evernote 5 Windows Crash

Sheriano

For some reason my Evernote 5 on Windows keeps crashing! It has happened about 6 times and i have no idea why. What i do know is, when i drag a note and place it somewhere else it crashes sometimes but not all the time.  No other explanation, why it's crashing. I'm Windows 7 btw. 

Thanks

Evernote 5 has indeed been very unstable. It seems that this is a problem on all the computers I've used it on. In most cases, I have upgraded from an existing v4 client, but even on a clean install have I encountered several crashes.

It happens particularly often during tagging of notes and during sync, especially when trying to navigate through notebooks or tagging while a sync operation is in progress (which is hard to avoid considering that syncs are triggered in the background automatically).

I hope Evernote is not assuming that all users who experience problems bother to report it. Only the most enthusiastic users are likely to do that.

Very disappointing in most of the new versions.  It was such a great product, and I have based many business and personal things around using EN.  Now, not so sure I want to do that as now I don't trust it nearly as much and that is the basis for which I made it my go to app.  This is a nightmare.

• Level 5*

Very disappointing in most of the new versions.  It was such a great product, and I have based many business and personal things around using EN.  Now, not so sure I want to do that as now I don't trust it nearly as much and that is the basis for which I made it my go to app.  This is a nightmare.

Not everyone is experiencing crashes (the topic here), me for instance. If you are, then http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/43115-evernote-5-windows-crash/?p=230026. If you're not, but you want to make suggestions about the new UI, I suggest that you open a new topic.

• 3 months later...

I agree. The Evernote Desktop might be a great product but it continuously crashes on Windows 7, even after multiple re-installs. I am a Premium user but remain very disappointed and have shifted back to Microsoft OneNote, which synchs well and never crashes.

• 3 months later...

I too have suffered numerous crashes but because I was a less than diligent user of Evernote it didn't affect me so much.

I'm now much more involved in using the product and the crashes are affecting me negatively.  I have started by opening a support case and we'll see where it takes us.

Archived