Larger audio files with iOS 7

I have noticed this too and came here to the forum to ask about it. For me, it's a welcome change, as the low quality audio notes always made them unusable for recording music ideas. The Mac App still has the low quality notes. 

I can see how for recording lectures the lower quality would be preferable. It would be nice to have a preference for quality of audio, similar to the way there's a preference for camera quality.

Yes, here, too. I'm fairly certain I used Evernote after updatien to iOS 7 and still had manageable audio files. Previously I was happy with the small file size, but after pushing through the new update of Evernote, my audio files have become more than 3 times larger for the same amount of time. The old files were perfectly serviceable, and I wish it were possible to record them again.

• 4 weeks later...

My very imperfect solution is to record audio on Evernote on my Android phone while taking notes on my iPad. One of the most frustrating aspects of this issue is that we (or at least I) don't even know if Evernote considers this a bug, so I don't know if a permanent solution involves waiting for Evernote to fix it, or finding another note-taking solution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

have you guys found the "low size" setting (General->Audio)?  I just stumbled on it today.

Turns out after your update to iOS7, Evernote defaults to "High Quality" so I set it to "Low Size" and tried a voice recording and at least on this side of the fence, the size is the same as it was before, recorded as a WAV file.

hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

have you guys found the "low size" setting (General->Audio)?  I just stumbled on it today.

Turns out after your update to iOS7, Evernote defaults to "High Quality" so I set it to "Low Size" and tried a voice recording and at least on this side of the fence, the size is the same as it was before, recorded as a WAV file.

hope this helps!

This is really helpful, thanks.

Archived