Evernote 5 Atlas not working

arfmach

I'm using Evernote v. 5.0.1.1188 (261696) in Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1.

When I click in Atlas, it shows only a gray background with a compass rose, the title "EVERNOTE ATLAS" and the text "See your notes on a map. Atlas organizes your notes by location."

My laptop doesn't have location services, but I have a lot of notes with geotagging information. Nevertheless, none of them are shown in Atlas.

Are you by any chance located south of the equator?  I had a similar problem where only 28 of my ~8000 notes appeared in the Atlas.  After raising a support ticket we established that the only notes that were mapped were in the northern hemisphere!

As of version 5.0.2 my problem is yet to be fixed, but I imagine EN are working on it.  Yours may be related....

[...] the only notes that were mapped were in the northern hemisphere!

It's true... I've made a test, manually inserting a northern hemisphere location to a note, and it appeared in Atlas. But even after changing its location to southern hemisphere, Atlas wasn't updated; I needed to close/reopen Evernote in order to make Atlas become as before.

Are you by any chance located south of the equator?

Yes, I'm in Brazil; more specifically, state of Sao Paulo. It's strange, V4 didn't have this problem.

Thanks for the hint. Hope EN fixes it soon...

I guess v4 didn't have the Atlas.  I'm glad you have the same problem - if it was just me I would be less hopeful of seeing a fix.  I love the idea of viewing my notes on a map and share your desire to have it fixed soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Same prob. here with notes created in NZ. I have just logged a support request—suggest you all do the same at https://evernote.com/contact/support/

I'll post back when I hear which as premium is meant to be less than a day although my request I made a couple of weeks ago I chased them after four days of no response highlighting I was a premium user. It still took them another 5 days to get back to me.

Ok so I used live supprt chat rather than waiting. I asked "All Southern Hemisphere or just some countries? Is all of the Northern Hemisphere working correctly or just some countries. " Will on their support team has ponted out "Actually, its some countries, I do not have information that specifies how many countries."

So I guess it's not as simple as Southern Hemisphere. I have asked for a list of affected countires and will post here when I get it.

• 1 month later...

Have a similar issue, but not identical issue with Atlas (ticket # 248509) where since recently (must have been related to geo-information in some note) it does not open. Atlas only shows the first overview icon and nothing further. Occurs both in the stable and the most recent beta version.

Just to add this when you're working on the Atlas issue.

Happy to help to resolve this, but I haven't heard anything since opening the ticket.

• Level 5

Have a similar issue, but not identical issue with Atlas (ticket # 248509) where since recently (must have been related to geo-information in some note) it does not open. Atlas only shows the first overview icon and nothing further. Occurs both in the stable and the most recent beta version.

Are there any error messages near the bottom of your activity log (Help -> Activity Log) after you view Atlas in this scenario?

Are there any error messages near the bottom of your activity log (Help -> Activity Log) after you view Atlas in this scenario?

No, there are no error messages (apart from the usual "Failed to execute native function: Unsupported function 'SetProgressBar'", which has always been there). I only have "Loading atlas page". Even forcing Evernote to download the Atlas files again (by locally deleting the respective folder) hasn't changed anything. 

• 2 weeks later...

Atlas is not working for me either. It worked fine a few days ago.

Now it only shows the world map and, next to it, the message "Loading..."  but nothing happens then.

I did get these messages in the log:

09:45:50 [5508] Geo position request error: access denied
09:45:52 [5508] Geo position request error: access denied
09:46:00 [5508] Failed to execute native function: Unsupported function 'SetProgressBar'
09:46:00 [5508] Failed to execute native function: Unsupported function 'SetProgressBar'

However, after that I have closed Evernote, restarted it and gone back to Atlas and this time there are no such messages in the log.

I'm located in Europe and using my Windows 7 laptop.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

If you are referring to the original problem of notes with locations south of the equator not displaying, I believe that has been fixed - it works for me at least.

Are you still having issues, MLeitch1?

Archived