-tag search not working in ios7

Ah, that's why most of my saved searches don't work on IOS7. I also use a lot of -tag queries. The result of these saved searches is an empty list. It's a shame, because this bug makes my Evernote configuration (based on GTD) on my IOS device complete useless.

I think it's sloppy that after the bugs in saved searches in the OSX client (see one of my threads), which has annoyed me for about 3 months, there is another bug in saved searches and search queries on the IOS client, which makes my configuration useless. The search engine is one of the core functionalities of Evernote, so I think you should test this thoroughly before releasing a new version.

Seeing same symptoms here also. -tag:xxx searches before the post it note update returned everything tagged with xxx instead of negating it. After post it note update -tag:xxx searches crash EN. I also use GTD and not having the -tag available makes the whole systems useless.

Pretty disappointed that both of my support tickets have received no reply.  (Paid user)

Please fix.

In the latest version released yesterday the -tag issue still exists but this time it doesn't crash Evernote it does returns completely incorrect items and duplicates...

Anyone else still seeing this?

Wish Evernote would sort this out.

Can anyone recommend another Evernote client to use till this is fixed??

In the latest version released yesterday the -tag issue still exists but this time it doesn't crash Evernote it does returns completely incorrect items and duplicates...

Anyone else still seeing this?

Wish Evernote would sort this out.

Can anyone recommend another Evernote client to use till this is fixed??

Yes, I'm seeing this also. The duplicate issue with my saved searches is inconsistent though. Some notes are duplicated 27 times, others 15, others 40+ times. It really make Evernote on IOS next to useless for me.

I really hope this addressed soon.

Hi folks -- can someone seeing the duplicate results issue give a bit more context on exactly what type of query you are running and (if possible) provide screenshots of the results you get? We are unable to reproduce this based solely on a '-tag:pie' style query.

Thanks!

I've just setup a simple test:-

1. Created a note called "Note at Home" and assigned a tag called TagHome

2. Created a note called "Note at Work" and assigned a tag called TagWork

3. Sync'd with iPhone iOS7

4. Did a search on iPhone -tag:TagWork - Results were "Note at Home" shown once only = CORRECT

5. I then assigned another tag to "Note at Home" called !1-Now

6. Did the same search - Results were "Note at Home" shown twice = INCORRECT

It would appear that it shows the note once for each tag that is assigned to the note... If I add a 3rd tag and do the -tag search it shows that note 3 times!!!

The problem goes a little deeper than that for me.  In this example I get notes for work when I ask for a work note to be excluded:-

Example:

1. I have a note with the following tags:-

!1-Now

@Work

Meeting Notes

2. My search is tag:"!1-Now" -tag:@Work

This should show me everything that doesn't have @Work tag but does have the !1-Now tag..

3. The results are:-

a. I see multiple of the same note (one for each tag on a note) as above

b. I see notes that have the @Work tag which was meant to be excluded

I think its because the tag I am asking this to return (!1-Now) is also on the @Work note which I am trying to exclude - it is bringing the exclusion note back...

Does this make sense?

If you need more information then please let me know as keen to get this sorted!!!

Can anyone else verify this????

Mark

I have a saved search called "2-Next" that uses the following syntax: 

tag:".next action" tag:"2-Next" -tag:!Completed

With this search, I want to see every note that has the tags ".next action" and "2-Next", but I don't want to see any that have a "!Completed" tag on them.

On my Windows Desktop I see 34 notes with this search (see first screen shot - some details blurred to protect the privacy of other parties I deal with)

On my iPad and iPhone, I also see 34 notes, but instead of seeing each notes unique description (eg: 34 descriptions), I see the description of one note being displayed for 3 notes in the list. This continues on so that I am seeing the text for the last 11 notes I created that would fit the above search term, being reused for the display of the remaining 23 notes. No old descriptions are being used. Also, this doesn't seem to fit to the date and time I upgraded to the IOS 7 version of Evernote for my iPad.

Said another way, I might have notes A, B & C on my windows desktop client and my iPad will display 3 notes, and show them as A, A & A

Hope this makes sense. Please let me know if you need more information.

On my iPhone, Evernote crashes every time when I start the app. I use similar search queries like WarrenThrush. A few examples:

notebook:"!1. Pending" tag:"@Computer" -tag:.Dashboard -tag:!4-Someday -tag:!5-Waiting -tag:#Werk

stack:Reference -tag:#*

Before the last ios update, Evernote started up without crashing, but when running the saved search I saw the same note x times.

Thanks for the detailed repro steps. We are working on this bug and, while it did not make the 7.0.3 release, plan to have a fix out to you very soon.

@Jeroen - Please get in touch with our support team for your issue if you haven't already. They should be able to help you out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am having the same problem on both the IPAD and iPhone version of the product.  I am using the GTD tag combinations as well and saving them as a saved search.  The Windows and Mac client works fine.  But not the IOS version of the product.  Love to see this fixed.  It used to work. 

Archived