Evernote iOS7 iPad not syncing

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having this issue. For me the Desktop is working fine but my iPad, iPhone and my fiance's Android are not syncing with our desktop changes. We are very frustrated. We have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and it hasn't worked. At this point I am considering changing to Microsoft Onenote.

I had the same problem. iPad upgrade to iOS7 was fine, however, after I upgraded my iPhone only new notes were coming across. Syncing worked without any errors, but it didn't download any of my existing notes, and all nearly all my notebooks were empty. I could see all my notes on my iPad and on the Windows client. Logging off, deleting the app from my iPhone, and reinstalling worked fine for me. All of my notes are now available on my iPhone and my shortcuts on my iPhone are still there. Phew.

Same thing just happened to me, on IPad 3 with iOS7, right after the update to Evernote 7.0.2. Previous version worked fine just yesterday, then no more (working) sync after the update until I deleted and reinstalled.

all the same problems here--syncing from Dell to iOS is sometimes great and sometimes non-existent. Totally unpredictable, logging out no longer helps.  if I reinstall I assume that means I have to delete and repost all notes?

How is Microsoft OneNote--does that do a better job with this?  

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble syncing with iphone4. Can someone please tell me if I delete the app of the phone will it still be on the computer to put back on the phone. Another words I want to delete it from the phone and reinstall, but i don't want to loose the data on the computer. Sorry for the non techno mind. Still learning.

• 2 weeks later...

Evernote for iphone not syncing today.

I´m trying to Sync all the data of notes in my PC, but iPhone 5 w/ iOs7 does not respond.

I have tried everything except reinstall, which will be the last resource.

Is there anything else anybody tried?

Thanks in advance..

Hi all. I'm having the same problem. Has Evernote said anything about this? I can't find a response anywhere. It's clearly been going on for a while now.

For me personally, this issue renders my subscription to Evernote useless. The only way I use Evernote is to sync notes from my main Mac to the iPad for reading in transit. I can't do that. Please fix! Or at least let us know you're aware of the issue.

• Level 5*

Just a little clarity.

You don't sync from device to device.

You sync from each device to the Evernote service in the cloud.

So, if you are not seeing items being sync'd between devices then the first thing you should check is to see whether for example the note you created on your desktop computer has sync'd successfully up to the service. If you can login to evernote.com and see your notes are all there then you know it's not a syncing issue between your desktop and the service.

If you are having issue syncing an iOS device to the Evernote service then a clean reinstall normally will resolve the issue.

You need to delete the app from your device and from iTunes.

Download the app to iTunes

Plug your device into your desktop computer and sync.

This process resolves a multitude of problems.

Two things to note though - make sure any unsync'd notes on your iOS device have been emailed somewhere and if you have a large amount of offline notes, do this in the knowledge that it may take a fairly long time to download them all again.

Hi all. I'm having the same problem. Has Evernote said anything about this? I can't find a response anywhere. It's clearly been going on for a while now.

For me personally, this issue renders my subscription to Evernote useless. The only way I use Evernote is to sync notes from my main Mac to the iPad for reading in transit. I can't do that. Please fix! Or at least let us know you're aware of the issue.

This is a user's board. Evernote occasionally posts but this is not an official support venue. Have you uninstalled, booted, reinstalled as suggested many times in this thread? (Please note post #16 above). If so & you continue to have a problem, please submit a support ticket. (See my sig).

• 2 weeks later...

So, summarizing what I've seen here, all I have to do is: 

To avoid losing your unsynced Notes before a reinstall.
1.) Export Note to your email.
2.) Do this for each unsynced note.
3.) You can then double-click on the .enex file on a different device to import it into your Evernote account.
AND
... delete the app from your device and from iTunes.

Really? Really?  Can you imagine the uproar if Microsoft said that all you have to do to solve a problem is export all your files, uninstall Office, get a new copy, reinstall it, and re-import all your files?
That's hardly any trouble at all. And what could go wrong?

Folks, I wil re-install Evernote ONCE, and I will do it when you release a version that fixes this ridiculous problem. 
Until then, I'm using Dropbox. It knows how to sync and doesn't give me any piffle about upload capacity. 

I'm not sure anyway about a company that says, "What problem?" and doesn't respond to support tickets. 

Further to that, any company that says, "just export all your notes" - after telling us we can use Evernote to organize EVERYTHING we do - has to provide an "Export All Notes" tool. 

THEN I might be willing to try a reinstall as a bug fix. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, summarizing what I've seen here, all I have to do is: 

To avoid losing your unsynced Notes before a reinstall.
1.) Export Note to your email.
2.) Do this for each unsynced note.
3.) You can then double-click on the .enex file on a different device to import it into your Evernote account.
AND
... delete the app from your device and from iTunes.

Really? Really? That's hardly any trouble at all. And what could possibly go wrong?

I have the same iPad sync problem (iOS 7.0.4). The sync failure has wasted a lot of time. Glad I found this. The problem has been known for several months; why hasn't Evernote told me already how to avoid losing my work? If another sync problem happens in the future, can we rely on Evernote to be proactive?

"Dear User, I see you're using iPad with iOS 7. May I suggest ... (how to fix) ... Love and kisses, Evernote"

• 2 months later...

So... To sync my notes across my iPhone, my iPad, and my MacBook Pro I have to be connected to some faceless server via that horrid invention, the Cloud, when I have a perfectly serviceable network at home? I wish they'd made that clear in their App Store advert. I wouldn't have bothered to download and register. What a waste of time. Oh well. Thanks for clarifying, Metrodon.

So... To sync my notes across my iPhone, my iPad, and my MacBook Pro I have to be connected to some faceless server via that horrid invention, the Cloud, when I have a perfectly serviceable network at home? I wish they'd made that clear in their App Store advert. I wouldn't have bothered to download and register. What a waste of time. Oh well. Thanks for clarifying, Metrodon.

Yep. Evernote is one of those nasty, awful, contemptuous clouds that seem so prevalent today. It's pretty easy to figure this out (for one, the fact that there is a web client) & I doubt you're the first person to inspect a product only to quickly find it's not for you. It's called due diligence & it's good you did this & figured this out before getting very far into Evernote. Good luck.

Dear Burgers,

Thank you for your forbearance in responding! Really, much appreciated.

Of course, it would have helped if the makers had said in their advertisement, 'we offer you a web client that connects to the Cloud', but they didn't. Perhaps the clue lay in the request that one should 'register' with them, (is that what you mean?) which did sort of raise my hackles but I thought, well, okay, perhaps it's a way they have of sending me upgrades in due course.

I have deleted their software from all three of my devices. Don't get me wrong: their layout is lovely, and the thought that has gone in to the technical design is outstanding. It looks like something that would be a pleasure to use.

But if they can't be bothered to spell out how their service works, for all of us rabbits out there who aren't into guessing what might be involved, then they're limiting their potential market... Fair enough. I wish them well, when I could have been wishing them better.

Kind regards,

Devi

• 10 months later...

This is still happening.  I had it on iOS 8 on an iPhone 6.  Although I have 126 notes in one of my notebooks, only 5 had been synched (or sunk?).  

Anyway, deleting the app from the iPhone and going into AppStore and redownloading/reinstalling fixed the problem.  

Beware that if you have a lot of (or very large) notes, the sync can take a while and you might not want to do it if you're not in wifi range.

Archived