Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Chrome

Cannot login to web clipper

clipper

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 bioadam

bioadam

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

The new web clipper looks great, but will not let me log into Evernote. After I enter my username, password, and the code sent via text message, the web clipper loads up the login window again. Reloading the extension and restarting chrome did not fix this.

#2 sethhill

sethhill

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. I couldn't figure out how to log into web clipper in Chrome (Version 29.0.1547.66 m). Then I just happened to try ctrl+left clicking on the chrome extension icon. It gave me a slide out and let me log in.

Signing into Evernote via the web and desktop appear to work fine after that. 

#3 Nomadin

Nomadin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

The new web clipper looks great, but will not let me log into Evernote. After I enter my username, password, and the code sent via text message, the web clipper loads up the login window again. Reloading the extension and restarting chrome did not fix this.

I successfully logged into the web clipper on my work machine, but the home machine will not log in.  Just like bioadam said, I enter my username, password and sms code and the web clipper reloads the login window.  I also uninstalled and reinstalled the extension and restarted Chrome to no avail.

Any help will be appreciated.

#4 jbignert

jbignert

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:41 AM

We are aware of the login issues for some users (mainly on Win7) and are fixing them ASAP.

#5 Nomadin

Nomadin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

We are aware of the login issues for some users (mainly on Win7) and are fixing them ASAP.

Excellent!  If it is any help, my work machine that logged in successfully is Windows 7 and the home machine that did not is Windows 8.

#6 Kyle Ross

Kyle Ross

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

I was having the same problem after upgrading to Web Clipper 6.  I'd would click on the Web Clipper icon in Chrome and nothing happened.  I checked the Chrome version I was using and it was some version of 24, and there was a message about an update error, so it appeared to not have auto-updated in a while.  I downloaded the latest version of Chrome 29.0.1547.66 m, and everything seems to work fine now.

#7 bioadam

bioadam

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

I was having the same problem after upgrading to Web Clipper 6.  I'd would click on the Web Clipper icon in Chrome and nothing happened.  I checked the Chrome version I was using and it was some version of 24, and there was a message about an update error, so it appeared to not have auto-updated in a while.  I downloaded the latest version of Chrome 29.0.1547.66 m, and everything seems to work fine now.

Thanks Kyle. I can now login into to Evernote Web Clipper with the most up-to-date version of Chrome. Beautiful features!

#8 calman

calman

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

Thanks Kyle. I can now login into to Evernote Web Clipper with the most up-to-date version of Chrome. Beautiful features!

I still experience login issues with the latest version of chrome (Version 29.0.1547.76 m).  Sometimes I can login, and sometimes I can't, annoying.

#9 jbignert

jbignert

• 1,485 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

@calman

What OS version are you using? And what happens when you fill in the login form and hit submit button? Do you get any error messages?

#10 calman

calman

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

• Windows 7 SP1
  • Elephant is greyed out, when clicked I don't get prompt for login.
  • If I remove/uninstall the extension and then add it back I then get a prompt to login.  Login is always successful, then within seconds the Elephant turns grey and can't use the extension.
  • I get no error messages.

#11 jbignert

jbignert

• 1,485 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

@calman

Thanks for the details. Not sure what's going on for you, we are not able to reproduce what you are describing. 

We did just push an update to version 6.0.1, can you try uninstalling > restart > re-installing Web Clipper from the Chrome Web store?

Let me know if that resolves anything for you.

#12 calman

calman

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

I was already running that version, but did your suggested steps anyways, no difference in my experience.

I did some more testing, can you try and reproduce the problem by using restored tabs in chrome?

1. Set the option in Chrome (On Startup = Continue where I left off).
  2. Open some tabs in chrome and go to a website in each of those tabs.
  3. Login to Web Clipper
  4. Close Chrome (don't close any of the tabs)
  5. Open Chrome, the tabs for those websites should be restored.
  6. Then try to use Web Clipper in one of the tabs that was restored.

I can't do step 6....but if I open a new tab then I can use Web Clipper in the new tab.

#13 jbignert

jbignert

• 1,485 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

thx Calman for added details. I'll walk through the steps and see if I reproduce the issues. 

Following your steps I cannot reproduce any problems with the Clipper.

A few follow ups:

- It sounds a bit like we're having problem authenticating to your account. Can you make sure you allow cookies from Evernote.

- What account type do you have Free, Premium or Business premium?

- Do you have any other extensions installed? Which ones?

#14 atangel

atangel

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

I was having the same issue, I have no idea if this was coincidental or part of the issue, I could not log in (Chrome Version 29, Windows 7), until I finally uninstalled, reinstalled, and then actually went through the feature tour.  Once that was done, then after a short/sluggish delay, the user id and password prompt appeared. 

Before that I was just closing that "tour" tab and not letting it (or I guess the JS it loaded) load.

#15 jbignert

jbignert

• 1,485 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

Thx atangel,

I think you just confirmed our suspicions that issues with login is related to the exiting the feature tour. We're working on a fix for this. 

#16 coachdede

coachdede

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:50 AM

I just installed Web Clipper and can't figure out how to get to the login screen. I'm using a mac laptop. I hover over the elephant and it says "Sign in to web clipper" but neither clicking nor right clicking nor ctrl left click will get me to a login screen. I've tried googling for instructions and can find nothing. :( please help .

#17 Perfect Faro

Perfect Faro

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

coachdede: Have you tried restarting your browser? I've uninstalled and reinstalled different versions of the web clipper a dozen times, and every time, restarting the browser after the install was required in order to log in. Also, check that Chrome isn't running in the background: you need to completely shut down the browser and restart it to get the extension to work.

#18 coachdede

coachdede

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Excellent. I'm in business. Thank you.

#19 macbikegeek

macbikegeek

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. I couldn't figure out how to log into web clipper in Chrome (Version 29.0.1547.66 m). Then I just happened to try ctrl+left clicking on the chrome extension icon. It gave me a slide out and let me log in.

Signing into Evernote via the web and desktop appear to work fine after that. 

Thanks for the tip - might have taken me a while to find that one! Worked great. Windows 7, Chrome Version 30.0.1599.69 m

#20 emullen

emullen

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

I am having a similar problem (logging into the webclipper).  I click on the icon, and get a log in box - but when I enter my email and password, nothing happens.  If I enter in an incorrect password a red exclamation appears.

When I right click, and select options another tab opens with a defunct web page.  

I am on a Macbook Pro running 10.8.5 running Chrome  23.0.1271.64

Any suggestions are welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote