Evernote for Samsung Gear

In many previews about this product, I've read about Evernote app, but cannot find any more info. I assume that it will be 1st party product directly from Evernote - has anybody found any more info?

To be honest - I'm not really interested about Samsung Gear, but more about how will Evernote handle UI, how the application will work and what will be able to do :)

• Level 5*

LOL Samsung's marketing department might have a small language miscalculation going there - "Gear" is another word for 'stuff' around here - as in "Got any Samsung gear" means TV's, laptops, phones..  the cap G might not save it..

Plus.  I only just read about the launch.  I've been busy!  I have a life! (Kinda).

:P

I thought that app will just send info to Evernote app on synced phone (photos or videos taken by these smartwatch), but as i found here - http://www.heavy.com/tech/2013/09/top-best-apps-samsung-galaxy-gear-smartwatch/

They're saying "The watch's weakness of requiring a Samsung phone nearby could hurt its potential, but Evernote is one of the few apps that actually runs on the watch itself. The helpful memory tool would be an excellent addition the device but the functions of Evernote for Galaxy Gear have not been explained."

I'm really curious. Evernote and Samsung already been through a closer cooperation ( http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-wb250f-smart-camera-gains-evernote-integration-31292400/ ) so maybe it will be quite useful. 

LOL Samsung's marketing department might have a small language miscalculation going there - "Gear" is another word for 'stuff' around here - as in "Got any Samsung gear" means TV's, laptops, phones..  the cap G might not save it..

Plus.  I only just read about the launch.  I've been busy!  I have a life! (Kinda).

:P

Although I certainly am familiar with that use of the word "Gear", I never saw the potential for confusion there. I have been confused by the fact that Samsung has some fridges included in the "Galaxy" line.

I'm still working on the getting a life thing. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All - I recently purchased Galaxy Gear and immediately went into the Samsung Apps Store thru the Gear Manager.  Evernote is NOT listed there nor can I find it when I do a search.  Has anyone experienced this? Can anyone help me download the app so that I can use it on my Galaxy Gear?  Thank you.

Hi All - I recently purchased Galaxy Gear and immediately went into the Samsung Apps Store thru the Gear Manager.  Evernote is NOT listed there nor can I find it when I do a search.  Has anyone experienced this? Can anyone help me download the app so that I can use it on my Galaxy Gear?  Thank you.

I experienced this as well. Also trying to hunt down the app.

I got the Note 3 and Gear and on the initial set up I found the Evernote app in the Gear store and installed it (about a week and a half ago).  The Note 3 started having a problem going to "One Handed Operation - All Screens". So, after trying numerous things with Samsung tech support they recommended doing a factory reset, which I did on both devices. After doing the reset, which did not fix the One Handed Operation by the way, I go to re-install Evernote Gear, and it is not there!!! What has happened to it, it was one of my go to Apps on the Gear! 

Evernote Developers  - Are you coming back with the App for the Gear????

I experienced this as well. Also trying to hunt down the app.

I got the Note 3 and Gear and on the initial set up I found the Evernote app in the Gear store and installed it (about a week and a half ago).  The Note 3 started having a problem going to "One Handed Operation - All Screens". So, after trying numerous things with Samsung tech support they recommended doing a factory reset, which I did on both devices. After doing the reset, which did not fix the One Handed Operation by the way, I go to re-install Evernote Gear, and it is not there!!! What has happened to it, it was one of my go to Apps on the Gear! 

Evernote Developers  - Are you coming back with the App for the Gear????

Thanks DanK and PDascalos. I thought that I was going crazy. Please Evernote Staff an answer would be great! We want the app on our Galaxy Gear.

• 1 month later...

Have been using Evernote on Galaxy Gear (nice app), but recently ran into the following error on the Galaxy Gear when I start the app ""You are note logged to Evernote on you phone."

By way of background, it worked fine when I first installed Evernote on an S3 with 4.3 and on the Galaxy Gear watch. Today I moved to an S4 with 4.3 and reinstalled Evernote on the device and watch. Evernote is logged in on the S4 and I can sync to validate the connection, but I continue to receive the error on the watch.

Have been using Evernote on Galaxy Gear (nice app), but recently ran into the following error on the Galaxy Gear when I start the app ""You are note logged to Evernote on you phone."

By way of background, it worked fine when I first installed Evernote on an S3 with 4.3 and on the Galaxy Gear watch. Today I moved to an S4 with 4.3 and reinstalled Evernote on the device and watch. Evernote is logged in on the S4 and I can sync to validate the connection, but I continue to receive the error on the watch.

Hi Tony,

Could you first try restarting the watch (press the button on the side until you are prompted to restart) and your phone?

If that doesn't work could you try reinstalling Evernote for the Gear using the Gear Manager app?

There are not many levers to pull here, since there is no real configuration for the gear app, it should work in tandem with Evernote on your phone.

Thanks,

Damian

Hi Damian,

Thanks for the response (typical of the great support I have always received from Evernote), that did the trick! I had re-installed the apps on both devices already, but I must have done it in a different order this time around.

Thanks again and keep the innovation coming!

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Galaxy Gear and a Note 3. I use Evernote on those devices and with OSX Mavericks. Everything was working well, but now, possibly due to the latest Gear update, I can't see any recent notes or checklists on the Gear using Evernote, which is a key feature for me.. yes I have restarted both devices and yes I have re-installed. Even if I create a note on the Gear, it will sync to the Note 3 and Desktop, but doesn't show up on the Gear? Any thoughts on this Damian?

Thanks in Advance,

Dustin

I have a Galaxy Gear and a Note 3. I use Evernote on those devices and with OSX Mavericks. Everything was working well, but now, possibly due to the latest Gear update, I can't see any recent notes or checklists on the Gear using Evernote, which is a key feature for me.. yes I have restarted both devices and yes I have re-installed. Even if I create a note on the Gear, it will sync to the Note 3 and Desktop, but doesn't show up on the Gear? Any thoughts on this Damian?

Thanks in Advance,

Dustin

Hi Dustin,

For checkboxes we only show notes with unchecked checkboxes in them ... it's unlikely, but is it possible that your notes have no unchecked checkboxes?

For recent notes, we only list recent small text-only notes ... do perhaps create and view a small text-only note?  If you have the Evernote Android Widget installed you can make it list recent notes, which is the same list we draw from to display in the Gear.  Can you verify that it display the note list correctly?

Damian

Hi Damian!

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I recently switched from iOS to Android and am loving it. Evernote for Gear is still not working for me- I apologize, but it seems really convoluted to make a note into a checklist in the software offhand, especially when starting with the truly convenient menu bar shortcut to EN in Mavericks. But I'm new to the software and this is another matter entirely.

More importantly and simply-

Ideally, I'd like to use the menu bar shortcut of Evernote, to generate a short note or checklist and just have that sync to my Note 3 and Gear. Just wanting to keep it simple... it seems like it goes to the Note 3 ok, especially if it's a reminder or checklist, but still, I can't figure out the consistency or trigger for the EN Gear app to work correctly, even with short 3 letter notes.. I get Hangouts, G+, FB, Twitter, email, SMS, etc. notifications, no trouble at all..

To answer your question directly, I do see some of my unchecked checklists on the Gear, but not all, even the 3 letter ones, even after manually syncing from both the desktop and the Note 3 app.

• 4 weeks later...

What it the criteria for "Recent Notes" on the Galaxy Gear Watch applicaiton? I have four notes, but only the one from last night appears? How long do notes remain "recent"?

It starts from the same list that the standard Android Evernote client displays if you configure the widget to display recent notes.

It skips notes that are big (larger than 4K) or notes that have associated images/attachments.

Let me know if this isn't the behavior you are seeing.

Damian

• 4 weeks later...

I am using the gear and note 3 combo. It seems recent notes appear on gear regardless of size. (attachments, photos, etc of course just do not show up) only the text which is fine. Anyway I typically refer to 6 to 8 notes per day and I was wondering if there is a way to force as recent notes.

The scenario is when I start out the day I will tag 6 to 8 notes (depending on the days workload) as "today".

I then refer to each note throughout the day and will edit the note once I actually start the project. I have found that applying the tag to the note will not make it recent. Instead I must actually edit it. Problem is once I edit the note I am done with it for the day and no longer need to view it on the gear. It would be great to have these notes show up on the gear so I can get a quick status of the project on the watch before I actually get started on the project that particular day.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you

• 2 months later...

Damian,

I have noticed that the recent notes on my gear are only synced from notes that I create on my gear. If I create them on my desktop they do not populate on the watch, even though they are now recent notes on my phone. I have to go in and edit the note in some way on my phone for it to show up on the gear.

Are their any plans to remedy this?

Ideally, I would like to send notes to my evernote from anywhere and have them show as recent on the watch...

I also wish it would display more than 5 notes...

finally, a shortcut widget to recent notes would be awesome...

Thank you in advance,

Troy~

Damian,

I have noticed that the recent notes on my gear are only synced from notes that I create on my gear. If I create them on my desktop they do not populate on the watch, even though they are now recent notes on my phone. I have to go in and edit the note in some way on my phone for it to show up on the gear.

Ideally, I would like to send notes to my evernote from anywhere and have them show as recent on the watch...

Thank you in advance,

Troy~

Hi Troy,

The gear should show the recent notes as listed if you use the Evernote widget on your phone, and tell it to display recent notes ... basically the notes you looked at recently on your phone.  Could you try using the Evernote widget to display recent notes, and let me know if you are seeing something different?

Thanks,

Damian

Damian,

Thank you in advance,

Troy~

Hi Troy,

The gear should show the recent notes as listed if you use the Evernote widget on your phone, and tell it to display recent notes ... basically the notes you looked at recently on your phone.  Could you try using the Evernote widget to display recent notes, and let me know if you are seeing something different?

Thanks,

Damian

You are the man...as long as I look at them they show(I thought i had to edit...looking is much easier)...thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I bought Galaxy Gear the day it came out and installed Evernote immediately.  At some point, during an update, my Gear lost the Evernote App.  Meaning, its not an app listed in the My Apps section of the Gear Manager.

When I try to install it, from Gear Manager, it says "Installed", so I can't install it.  Yet, the app isn't in my Galaxy Gear anymore, or in Gear Manager as an installed app.  Any idea on what I need to do?  Is it a problem from the Samsung end?

Archived