(Archived) BRING BACK THUMBNAIL VIEW IN EVERNOTE 5

wdsims3

Card view looks nice, but each card takes up too much space.  With Thumbnail, I could choose the size of each note in the view.  Quite frustrating to have this taken away with no comparable option.

At least allow an option to resize the cards.

• 1 month later...

Yes! I used thumbnail view all the time to get an overview of my notes ... now they're too big! Hmph!  My passionate love affair with Evernote has taken its first blow :(

Yes, PLEASE allow resizing of the cards, or bring back thumbnails.

What is going on with v.5? I appreciate the improvements in searching and tag selection.

But I am going to be dropping my premium subscription very soon unless thumbnail view is re-introduced. The card view doesn't cut it for me. I'm in academia and most of my notes are pdf files of books and journals. In card view I can no longer see the full cover of those books and journals, just a cropped preview. Useless.

Quote from promo video: "Our goal was to minimize the distractions of the interface, while really letting your content shine through".

Um. No.

Not being able to see a full version of the thumbnail file, only a cropped version, screws up my content. It is now 100 times more difficult for me to identify the book/journal that I want to read. In card view, my journals all look the same....a mass of text. And it's impossible for me to recognize most of my books as well from just a small cropped part of the cover.

Thumbnail view is critical to my use of Evernote, yet it has been obliterated.  Neither card view nor snippet view work well, since card view clutters the image by superimposing the title over it, and snippet view only shows the middle section of an image.

• 1 month later...

I have over 4400 notes in my system, most of which are PDF's.  This card view makes it incredibly laborious to sort and organise my PDF's.  Thumbnail was great and saved me many hours.  Each month I may have to enter over 200 PDF's and card view is killing my productivity.  It is crucial that I be able to see a whole page preview of the notes.  Can this please come back in a future release?  I hate the thought of having to migrate so much work into another system, but it may be my only choice.  I'm considering trying to go back to an older version of Evernote just to retain thumbnail view.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think they are going to bring back thumbnail view, because they want the windows version to look more like Evernote on IOS.  

And Evernote employees are always talking about how much they love Apple and "design" so clearly features must be removed to make Evernote windows more like an IOS app.

• 1 month later...

Archived