Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Web

order of attachments

evernote

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 IAmPeaNuts

IAmPeaNuts

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Is it possible to determine what the order of the attachments will be in the final note, when i email a number of attachments to evernote? More specifically, untill the Android app can render PDF in preview mode/live view just as the web version, the only way to save my handwritten notes to evernote and enjoy this live view is to photograph/scan them as jpgs (each page a separate jpg). Then i select the multiple pages and mail them to my account. Evernote then adds them as one note, with multiple jpgs, but ignores the order of the attachments as well as file names (when scanned, the jpgs are automatically named consecutively, e,g, pic001.jpg, pic002.jpg etc). This way my handwritten notes are no longer chronologically filled. I can manually change the order of jpgs in the web interface, but thats obviously a hassle. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

#2 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 5,664 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

Not possible,  to my knowledge,  at present;  only workaround I can think of is: mail the pages separately?

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#3 IAmPeaNuts

IAmPeaNuts

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

thanks @gazumped. Sending the pages separately would render seperate notes, and thats not very handy.

I can manage by using the evernote page scanner which does keep the order of jpgs intact, however sometimes i prefer scanning a hardcopy on the office scanner feeder and than emailing it to evernote. Guess ill have to wait until evernote introduces the live view of pdfs in the android app. (NB For the full picture, i can only use the web interface, the email functionality and my android tablet and phone, and not the Windows EN application due to company restrictions). 

#4 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,159 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

thanks @gazumped. Sending the pages separately would render seperate notes, and thats not very handy.

You can merge them into one note on the web client & therefore determine the order.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#5 IAmPeaNuts

IAmPeaNuts

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

@BurgersNFries thanks, i did not know of this 'hidden' feature (no button or right click). Good to know, but it doenst really solve the issue i guess. When i scan a multiple page doc/notes, it gives me multipe jpgs. Rather than sending all jpgs seperately and then merging them together, the idea is rather to send all jpgs at once and then having them end up in one note in the correct order. 

thanks for thinking along!

#6 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,159 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

@BurgersNFries thanks, i did not know of this 'hidden' feature (no button or right click). Good to know, but it doenst really solve the issue i guess. When i scan a multiple page doc/notes, it gives me multipe jpgs. Rather than sending all jpgs seperately and then merging them together, the idea is rather to send all jpgs at once and then having them end up in one note in the correct order.

thanks for thinking along!

You have been presented with a workaround b/c AFAIK, what you want to do is not possible, as Gaz already said.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#7 logandb

logandb

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:48 AM

If you email all of the photos attached to a single email, this will create a single note.  Then, to change the order where necessary use a desktop client to cut and paste the images or any other attachments into the correct order, since they will be embedded in the body of the note.

Let us know if you have any problems with this!

-> David.
Melbourne, Australia
EN for Windows and Android

#8 IAmPeaNuts

IAmPeaNuts

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

If you email all of the photos attached to a single email, this will create a single note.  Then, to change the order where necessary use a desktop client to cut and paste the images or any other attachments into the correct order, since they will be embedded in the body of the note.

Let us know if you have any problems with this!

hi david,

thanks. That is indeed the way i have to do it now (albeit on the web client, but the same procedure). Would have been nice to have the option to predetermine the order of the attachments somehow, but as BurgernFries and Gazumped clearly pointed out, this isnt available.

thanks anyway. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote