Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Evernote not syncing?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kwickiom

kwickiom

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

The Evernote I downloaded to my laptop will not sync. It says syncing complete but then under that it says sync failed due to unexpected problem on server side. Is there anything I can do?

#2 Jonny Travels

Jonny Travels

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

Hey Member,

I have been having sync issues for about 4 months now (5.x.x for Mac) and I finally got it sorted out! You might have a file/note that is too big to sync. The new Evernote mostly sucks and never told me what was causing the error. I have un-installed, re-installed and even tried a few different older versions. None of that worked. (fierce rage!)

I have tried several times in the past few months but got so frustrated that I gave up.

Earlier today, I decided to go really old with some versions from a year or more ago. I still had the same problem but the error message was different with the old version. 

It told me that I had a note that was too big to sync. This was a notice that I had never gotten before with 5.0.x or anything later.

This was the sync error that I got with the old version for Mac. Finally I had some sort of idea as to WHY it wouldn't sync. I moved the note in question to my desktop and now (after months of headache) I am back to normal syncing across all of my devices! YES!

Screen%20shot%202013-08-09%20at%2011.51.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote