Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Exporting PDF Out Of Evernote

mac pdf exporting automation backing up evernote

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mark32i5b

mark32i5b

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

Hello,

I was thinking, I have all my information in Evernote and majority of my notes are manuals in PDF form for my work.  I know I can click on the note and save the attachment out of Evernote, but I was wondering is there a way of do it automatically i.e. every month I export just the PDF's out of my Evernote Database.

I use a mac, so if there are any solution known, could it be mac orientated please.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Mark

#2 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,218 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

Hi Mark. You can press cmd + a to select all notes in the view and export them as .html to get the attachments out. It only takes a few seconds. However, I wouldn't be surprised if a third-party integration could do this as well automatically. Maybe Cloud HQ?

#3 Senad

Senad

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

Hi Mark,

Yes - this is possible with cloudHQ - you basically need to setup one-way sync from Evernote to a folder in some other cloud service (Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, or Box). So each time you add/modify a note, the note will be copied/exported.

And if you want only PDF attachments to be exported (not other attachment types or content of notes), please email us at support@cloudHQ.net - we have a special option for these kind of setup but you do need to contact support to enable that for your account.

And here is a short video how to setup continuous one-way sync / export of your Evernote notes: 

#4 melchristy

melchristy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

A quick work around to saving Evernotes to PDF is to download the Evernote Skitch app. Open the note in Skitch and it opens as a PDF. All you have to do it save the note to your Evernote account. It imeadiently shows up in your notes as a PDF which you can then save to your computer.

#5 RTravis3647

RTravis3647

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

I have just written a program to export my PDFs out of evernote into a directory structure. It creates a new folder for each note, and inside of the folder, it saves the pdf file with its original file name, and creates seperate plain text files for Title, Notes (typed text part of the notes), and Tags. This way I could keep my PDFs and not lose the tagging I have done. Would anyone else be interested in this? I wrote it for myself, but I thought maybe others would like to have it too. If so I'll see about releasing it.

#6 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• Title: Desktop Products
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

You can also just select all your notes and click the "Export Attachments" button. Easy!

My TwitterCheck out our Knowledgebase  our guides here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#7 maweir

maweir

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

RTravis3647 I am interested... maweir@gmail.com

#8 Lachlan

Lachlan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

RTravis3647 I am also interested... lachlan4242 [at] yahoo [dot] com

#9 Ricky

Ricky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

This is somewhat related to this post but my advice for people who are new to Evernote, go with OneNote 2013 that is part of the Office Suite instead.  

With One Note, your notes aren't trapped in the program.   You can export sections and pages as PDF or .DOCX.  AMAZING CONCEPT!!   

No need for  a third party and its easily accessible.  Why waste your time paying yearly for Evernote when you can get the entire Office 365 suite for close to the same price?   

My frustration with Evernote has stemmed from major problems recently with the Android app.   I edit my notes and they don't update properly.  I've had no luck fixing this and Evernote support hasn't been much help.   The point is I've never had problems with Keep and Onenote.    

Basically Evernote needs to provide and easier way to export notes.   I regret the decision of going with Evernote in the first place but my computer was down and they were the best choice at the time.  

Evernote is fine for very basic note sharing every now and then but TRUST ME don't use it for any thing serious.  You'll regret it.    

#10 Adjusting

Adjusting

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Basically Evernote needs to provide and easier way to export notes. 

Easier than bringing up the file menu and selecting 'Export All Notes'?

#11 chirmer

chirmer

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

No need for  a third party and its easily accessible.  Why waste your time paying yearly for Evernote when you can get the entire Office 365 suite for close to the same price? 

Evernote is fine for very basic note sharing every now and then but TRUST ME don't use it for any thing serious.  You'll regret it.    

Funny, because I say the same thing about OneNote :D Surely, in 2014, software that wishes to be taken seriously should be multi-platform, functional on mobile/tablets, and fast -- none of which fit the bill for OneNote. (Windows app has way more functions than web/Mac, mobile apps severely cut down, and sync is slow). Evernote meets all the above criteria (and I've had no issues on my Android tablet, and it's a Nook HD+, which is generally regarded as a pile of excrement in comparison to... pretty much every other tablet in the market).

Also, Evernote is half the price of Office 365.

MY WEBSITE | MY PRODUCTIVITY WORKSTATION: Evernote Premium on my 15" Retina MBP, iPhone 5, Nook HD+ and Windows 7 PC.

#12 megsaint

megsaint

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 818 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

With One Note, your notes aren't trapped in the program.   You can export sections and pages as PDF or .DOCX.  AMAZING CONCEPT!!   

I print notes to PDF all the time from Evernote. 

EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac, pdf, exporting, automation, backing up, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote