Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Web

Password protect a folder?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BayRidge

BayRidge

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

I can't believe this isn't possible. Evernote has been around forever and still hasn't been able to make this simple change. I have been holding up on getting premium until I see more features, the most important to me being the ability to password protect a single folder. I would buy it immediately and I believe many others would if password protecting notes and notebooks, especially notebooks, were available.

I'm sure everyone is like myself in that they have dozens of userids and passwords to sites, etc. Keeping all this in a single notebook that is secure would be a big help in managing them. You could look them up any time, anywhere if they were on Evernote. Thanks.

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

You can password protect note text in the desktop clients (Mac & Windows), but I don't think that this is available in the web or mobile clients (I don't see it on the web nor do I see how to do it on the Android client). You can decrypt and view the encrypted content on the web and mobile clients, though.

Encrypting a notebook or a whole note is a feature that gets asked for sometimes; Evernote hasn't seen fit to provide that capability, at least so far.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,141 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'm sure everyone is like myself in that they have dozens of userids and passwords to sites, etc. Keeping all this in a single notebook that is secure would be a big help in managing them. You could look them up any time, anywhere if they were on Evernote. Thanks.

Best option is to use a true password manager such as Roboform, Lastpass, Splashid, etc.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote