(Archived) [Feature Request] Allow us to drag & drop tags onto tags in the sidebar

stefanlasiewski

Idea

On Evernote Web and Evernote for Windows, in the side bar I can drag one tag onto another tag and create a "tag stack" (Some people call this "nested tags"). However, this behavior is not allowed on Macs. The sidebar does provide limited ability to do other things to tags (I can right-click and select 'Delete tag'), so why not allow us to add tags, create tag stacks (Drag & Drop tags onto other tags) & select multiple tags from the sidebar as well.

Evernote for Mac has a 'Tag' window, but it is not user friendly and I cannot view notes and tags in the same window at once.

Update: Looks like the Windows users have also caught wind of this, and some people don't like it: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/41552-windows-v5-discussion/page-2

3 replies to this idea

Thanks for your reply. I do use the "Show Tag List" but it does not do what I need. I should clarify my comment.

I need to view my notes *and* rearrange tags at the same time.

I can do this on Evernote for Windows. I simply want consistent behavior between platforms so that Evernote is easier to use.

I tend to use tags for projects that I am working on, following the GTD and TSW methods mentioned in these forums. When I am organizing my tags, I often need to rearrange the tags themselves (via drag & drop, creating tag stacks (These are projects and sub-projects)) and I also need to drag notes on to the tags. However, I cannot do this in one window on Evernote for Mac, because Dragging & dropping of tags is only allowed in the rightside Tag window.

Thank you,

-= Stefan

I need to view my notes *and* rearrange tags at the same time.

I can do this on Evernote for Windows. I simply want consistent behavior between platforms so that Evernote is easier to use.

Well darn, looks like I cannot do this with Evernote for Windows either now that Windows has moved to Evernote v5.

-= Stefan

Archived