(Archived) Tags and titles missing across platforms

seebee

When you create a new note on a PC and tag it, the PC shows which notebook it belongs to, but the synced Android version does not. This means that you need to manually include the name of the notebook in the title of the note. Otherwise, when you choose to show tagged notes with Android you will not know which Notebook the notes relate to.

Can this be fixed in a future version please?

Also, the time of the note creation and the month is shown, but not the date. There may be some settings that change all of this but I cannot see them

• Level 5*

You could always tag your notes with the notebook name if that's important for you.. once the note is opened in Android there's a 'note info' option in the menu which gives the information you're looking for

Thanks for the tip gazumped. I will look at it. In the meantime what I am doing is to prefix each note with the notebook title which shows up in Android and jogs the memory. They are all three letter acronyms which makes it simple to add. Something I actually like about Evernote is the way you need to manually edit somethings. It is 'back to the future' in some senses. I don't have a problem with that now that I know that there is not a buttton for everything you want to do

When you create a new note on a PC and tag it, the PC shows which notebook it belongs to, but the synced Android version does not...

As gazumped said, the info are there. Other options:

• You can navigate in a particular notebook instead of "all notes".
  • Android also has a "list view" that shows you the tags under the note title. 
  • And you even can go to "advanced search" and filter notes that are in notebook(s) A or B with tags Y and Z, etc
I suggest you play around a bit with EN android user interface options  
=)

Archived