Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Recurring reminders

evernote feature request tsw

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 antpugh

antpugh

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

If you could add this feature, it would make my life complete!!!!

So it would be a reminder/alarm at a regular period ie. every Monday at 10am, the last day of each month, every day at midday etc. etc.

#2 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 5,696 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

+1 here - if there's an option for 'last Tuesday' or 'first Monday' that would be great!  :)

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#3 evernote-fan

evernote-fan

• PipPipPip
  • Title: Bushwhacker
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

+1

Another idea: understanding natural language (in 1 week, in 2 weeks, in 1 year, ...)

*** Premium member *** I love Evernote - it has changed my life!

#4 Jason A

Jason A

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

+1 here as well.

Having the ability to do more with one product is more and more important.  Yes there are other apps that can do reminders and alerts, but it is not a stretch for evernote to provide this.

#5 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,603 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

+1

The first full moon of the month would be helpful.

#6 danielegold

danielegold

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Hey all - Guest blogger, Johnny McClung, wrote about "How to use FollowUpThen and Gmail to create recurring tasks in Evernote". It's the band-aid and not the permanent solution, but it does work well. Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Daniel Gold
DEG Consulting
daniel@degconsulting.net
Author of Evernote: The Unofficial Guide ... sold in the Trunk!

Join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+!
Co-host of the new podcast, The Productive Life Show!

#7 Karlos Zafra

Karlos Zafra

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

I'd like to associate tags with recurring reminders. That would be awesome. Tag a note 'every Monday' and automagically you get a reminder every Monday.

#8 toruairc

toruairc

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

This would be a great idea. Adding reminders was a great step forward, but it's a little surprising that this wasn't included from the beginning. Allowing recurrent reminders would be a very natural step.

#9 Carakalokique

Carakalokique

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

You may be really interested !

There is already an app doing a recurrent reminder : QEver.

Found that on this post : http://cameronreilly...-evernote-guru/  :)

I hope to be helpful here :)

EDIT : ONLY on iPhone ! I got carried by fake hopes about that. I'm on android !

#10 JWoosley

JWoosley

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

+1

With recurrent reminders, I can ditch OmniFocus for good.  Please add this feature to all platforms!

Thanks!

#11 antpugh

antpugh

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

+1 - this feature would be a complete godsend!  :)

I had a look at the QEver app, its nearly there, but you can't use Notes already created in Evernote... which is a bit of a pain. I'm currently using an app called Due on iOS which works great, and so I think I'm gonna stick with that until Evernote steps in with our feature requests!!!!!

#12 jampff

jampff

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

I also really need recurring reminders. I was going to ask for the ability to set reminders on the Windows interface, but I see that that feature will be released soon. Thanks:-)

Also, one minor irritant with the reminders is that if I have several of them waiting for my attention in my notification shade (Android - Jellybean), and I must turn the phone off and then on again, the reminders do not reappear there. The other reminder app I was using before always made sure that if I rebooted the phone while there were still reminders unaddressed, that they would ding at me again and patiently wait their turn in the notifications as soon as the phone turned back on. As it is now with Evernote, if I must reboot, those reminders have the potential to be forgotten and buried.

But overall... THANK THANKS THANKS for a wonderful product! Evernote makes my life so much more productive.

#13 XaLeX

XaLeX

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

+1!

This would make Evernote THE app. The only thing you'd need apart from the OS and a web browser to make your pc functional.

#14 gazumped

gazumped

• 5,696 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

..and a spreadsheet, a music/ video player, a photo library,  a backup service...

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#15 StanHertz

StanHertz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

I just signed up for the premium service. Evernote is the best kept secret in the mobile world IMO.

Recurring tasks would be awesome. I would also like to suggest the following:

1) Persistent reminders for overdue tasks
2) Option to regenerate tasks "after completed" rather than on a fixed cycle. If I had a task to wash my car last Friday, and I didn't get to it until today, I'd like the next alarm to be X days from today, not the original due date.

I suggest you take a look at Google Tasks Organizer, which is what I currently use, and it syncs with Google Tasks. I'd love to move all my tasks to Evernote, and will do so as soon as the functionality described above is available.

Thank you for making this great app and for your continued support for new features on Android.

#16 dh168

dh168

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

Yes, please recurring reminders. It's the only thing keeping me from stopping to use my existing To Do app. 

Plus, I will sign up for another year if you get it out! Yay!

#17 gazumped

gazumped

• 5,696 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

Sadly Evernote are impervious to bribery,  not to mention ambush, attack, barrage, battery, belligerency, blackmail, condemnation, denunciation, flattery, incursion, invasion, maltreatment, mishandling, mistreatment, molestation, opposition, oppugnation, resistance, or violence.  However they do improve things with time,  so we can all hope...  Besides waiting is much cheaper than any of the alternatives and involves rather less effort.

:P

#18 FactMan

FactMan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

Gazumped, you forget imploring, pleading, praying, gentle hinting, subtle praise, or any other mild approach!

#19 gazumped

gazumped

• 5,696 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

The Forums do mild? - you learn something new every day.... :P

#20 FactMan

FactMan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 514 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

:lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, evernote, feature request, tsw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote