Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Evernote to Skitch? for Annotating in Windows

skitch evernote

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ScottKC

ScottKC

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

First Issue:

I want to take an Evernote note and annotate it in Skitch.  I can do this in the Mac version by opening it as a PDF in Skitch, which I then have to drag back into the original note to keep them together (I am fine with that).

I want to do the same thing in Evernote for Windows.  I am using Windows 7 with the latest version of Evernote and Skitch and it does not work.

#2 Joe Lopez

Joe Lopez

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 737 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

@ScottKC - Currently there is no way to do this as Windows does not include a built in PDF print engine which the Mac does include by default.

We are working on bringing PDF markup to Skitch on Windows Desktop and will look into means for converting Evernote Notes to a PDF on the Windows platform. 

------
Joe
Head of Skitch
Skitch is available for the following clients: Mac, iOS, Android, Windows 8, and Windows 32.
http://evernote.com/skitch

#3 sunflower79

sunflower79

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

On a related note: without using Skitch, is there a way to annotate in Clearly? Would be a nice feature to add comment bubbles to the highlights...

#4 S.Gecko

S.Gecko

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:56 AM

I am using a version of Evernote that does have a "markup in Skitch" option available, but Skitch and Evernote are not communicating. Is this due to your note about a PDF engine? And if that's the case, then why put the user-facing entrance to functionality that doesn't exist?

#5 Joe Lopez

Joe Lopez

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 737 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

S.Gecko - That's a bug. It looks like it sees the PDF as being marked up from Skitch (which is true), but the button should not be showing for to mark it up with the Skitch for Windows Desktop. 

------
Joe
Head of Skitch
Skitch is available for the following clients: Mac, iOS, Android, Windows 8, and Windows 32.
http://evernote.com/skitch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, skitch, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote