Keyboard shortcut to increase/decrease font size?

Go to solution Solved by JMichaelTX,

Hi.

This is a shortcut that has been updated/changed/fixed recently but not fixed in the docs it seems.

The shortcut to change the font size in the Windows client are: CTRL + + and CTRL + -

Scott

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I know this was a Windows thread, but for any Mac lurkers, CMD+ and CMD- work to increase/decrease selected text size.

Technically, you can actually just use the "=" key as in CMD= instead of CMD+ since you do NOT have to press the shift key to get the "+" in order to increase size.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I know this is for Windows, and the last answer was for Mac, but I use an iPad Air. Pages in my Evernote look really jumbled because I add to them by copy & paste from other documents.

Is there a way to change font size on iPad Air?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Does it help to apply the "Simplify Formatting" command on "jumbled" Notes?  Open a Note, tap the ellipsis icon, and select "Simplify Formatting".

I don't know a way to change the font size on the iPad.  You can try the "out-pinch" gesture to make the current page/frame larger.

Yes, Simplify Formating > Make plain text DOES WORK on the iPad Air. ALL TEXT in previously jumbled fonts changes to the same size! THANK YOU!!

HOWEVER ... it has chosen to change the text to something like Roman, I greatly prefer something like Arial. I hope you can suggest a way to change the font style on iPad Air.

I really appreciate your help.

• 1 year later...

Since version 6.5 it seems that Evernote has removed these shortcuts. PLEASE BRING THESE SHORTCUTS BACK. The font size shortcuts (CMD+, CMD-) have been so convenient that I find it annoying now that I can't change font size that easily. There is no reason to remove them in the first place. Thank you!

• Like 2
On 11. März 2016 at 10:32 PM, huaTham said:

Since version 6.5 it seems that Evernote has removed these shortcuts. PLEASE BRING THESE SHORTCUTS BACK. The font size shortcuts (CMD+, CMD-) have been so convenient that I find it annoying now that I can't change font size that easily. There is no reason to remove them in the first place. Thank you!

You are soooo right.

Hey Evernote, CMD-and CMD+ are the standard in most apps on Mac!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
  • Solution
On 3/19/2016 at 8:49 PM, kevinplays said:

Mac Shortcuts

• ⌘-Shift >      Increase font size
  • ⌘-Shift<      Decrease font size

Evernote identifies the shortcut keys without "Shift" because on some keyboards it is NOT necessary to press "Shift" to get either ">" or "<"

On 3/14/2016 at 2:03 PM, JMichaelTX said:

They were changed in EN Mac 6.5:

• ⌘>      Increase font size
  • ⌘<      Decrease font size

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, chemie said:

@JMichaelTX- I updated to 6.5 yesterday and can confrim that Shift has to been pressed on 2015 MBPro. CMD < without shift opens preferences. Technically you can not type <> without shift key anyways. 

Of course the SHIFT key has to be pressed, on *some* keyboards, to get either "<" or ">".  On others it does not.

So, the correct statement for the shortcut is still "⌘> ", since, as you say:  "Technically you can not type <> without shift key anyways."
That will work on ALL keyboards.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Jon lowbank said:

For anybody  with windows that has ended up here because  Ctrl - + and Ctrl - - no longer change font size the new shortcut is  Ctrl+Shift+Period or Ctrl+Shift+Comma on non-US keyboard

Hi there @Jon lowbank,

It sounds like you are looking for the Windows Desktop Help thread. You can find it at the link below, I recommend directing your question there so we can keep the Mac Help thread focused on the Mac version of EN. Thanks!

https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/225-windows-desktop-help/

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

⌘-Shift > used to work for me on Mac. However, since upgrading to Catalina  (10.15.3), I believe since then, it no longer works. In fact, I still have the previous grade (Mohave - v10.14.6) to Catalina on another mac of mine, and testing ⌘-Shift >  on that machine, it works fine.

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5

Good post for the category „How to turn a mosquito into an elephant“. Says it all, unbelievable.

Why do you expect your pet project (no post on this old thread for over 2 years) to be moved to the top of the backlog ? I assume the devs have issues on hand that will benefit all users. For me the new sync would get all attention - and forget about font keyboard shortcuts for a while.

Just my opinion, believe it or not.

4 hours ago, JMG-CH said:

We have now 2023 – and still no consistent shortcuts on the Mac for just in/decreasing font sizes. Gosh, that says it all, Evernote. Unbelievable.

I think you could have probably asked if anybody knew about any updates or anything like that. Also, this is for a forum for 7.14 and under. That version is old and unsupported.

In case you were wondering about v10, you can adjust the font size in Evernote on MacOS (I'm on Monterrey still, but I imagine it'd work in Ventura too) by using `⌘-Shift >` and `⌘-Shift <`. It will take the font size from 8 all the way up to 96 and it's worked that way for a while -- couldn't say how long though.