Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

How do I make my public notebook private?

public private notebook

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 danashih

danashih

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

I have been using Evernote on my ipad. I recently got an android phone and right away installed Evernote. The interface is a little different, but this is when I discovered one of my notebooks is public (don't know how that happened). This kind of notebook status doesn't even show on in my ipad Evernote. How do I make it private again?

#2 C6REW

C6REW

• Title: I need a Cup Of Tea
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Something seems a bit wrong here.

If I understand you correctly you have a Notebook which you have used on your iPad which is not public or shared. Yet when you log on with your Android phone it shows that it is shared?

If this is the case then there is something wrong, but I don't know what.

However to remove public access. Open up the folder on the Android phone. Bottom right you will see 3 small squares, click on these. Select 'Share', If the Notebook has public access then you will have a tab at the top to 'Disable link'. That should sort it out.

But I would still want to question how this happened.

Do you use the Windows or Mac version of the software?

Best regards

Chris

EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• Title: "There is no magic, only lost physics"
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

I would also check the web client and see what the notebook status is there. It is the source of all truths when it comes to EN, and so may be most informative.

It will also allow you to manage the sharing of the notebook.

#4 danashih

danashih

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

Thanks. I sorted it out on my android.
I used Evernote only on my ipad prior installing it on my smartphone.
What's web client?
Sorry I didn't know there is so much more to Evernote (the ipad version is very basic and simple)

#5 C6REW

C6REW

• 1,608 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:24 AM

Glad you got it sorted.

Web client refers to using Evernote on the web rather than as a piece of software.

Best regards

Chris

If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#6 C6REW

C6REW

• 1,608 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

Get yourself a copy of Evernote Essentials by Brett Kelly. It is probably the best book for a beginner.

Best regards

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote