(Archived) Evernote for Mac 5.1.4

Jackolicious

Idea

• Level 5

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of your feedback on Reminders, the list views, and 5.1 in general. We have a new version to announce today that includes:

• New top and side list views
  • Various bug fixes

Again, I can't express enough how much we appreciate your feedback and comments. This is somewhere near my 1,000th post and I'm so happy to be a part of such a wonderful community. I hope you enjoy this release!

Jack

NOTE: The build will be released in the Mac App Store as soon as it is approved by Apple. Get it here now: http://evernote.com/evernote/index.php?file=EvernoteMac

28 replies to this idea

What is new in Evernote 5.1.4, which I just downloaded?  More generally, where in Evernote websites/knowledge base/ forums/Youtube/other resources can I go to look up what past changes have been?  "bug fixes" is a frequent explanation, but means nothing to users. Were these bugs that I was encountering without knowing they were bugs?  Or bugs that I never would haver known about? I'd like to know a little more.

Is there a place where users discuss their experience with new versions?  I found in the past that Evernote puts out updates without adequate testing and then a day later puts out another version.  I would be interested in hearing from Evernote whether they have made changes to their procedures to guard against this?  Maybe Everntoe has issued such a statement and I just hae never seen it?

5.4.1 was just released.  You are trudging up an old thread about 5.1.4, which was released long ago.

5.4.1 is what was in the 5.4 release, plus a couple (unnamed) bug fixes and no new features.

What is new in Evernote 5.1.4, which I just downloaded?  More generally, where in Evernote websites/knowledge base/ forums/Youtube/other resources can I go to look up what past changes have been?  "bug fixes" is a frequent explanation, but means nothing to users. Were these bugs that I was encountering without knowing they were bugs?  Or bugs that I never would haver known about? I'd like to know a little more.

Is there a place where users discuss their experience with new versions?  I found in the past that Evernote puts out updates without adequate testing and then a day later puts out another version.  I would be interested in hearing from Evernote whether they have made changes to their procedures to guard against this?  Maybe Everntoe has issued such a statement and I just hae never seen it?

• Level 5

Thank you to the Evernote Mac team.

Please be sure to pass this information on to the Evernote Windows team who are working on the big update.

Jack and the rest of the Evernote team,

Thank you for the quick work on giving "Horizontal List" back as the "Top List".

I am downloading it so I haven't gotten a chance to try it out, but I'm sure there won't be quite as many posts on this thread as there were on the other one that requested it back so I wanted to make sure you all knew that for all of us posting and those that likely won't post now that you have given us back the feature, all of us appreciate it. Looking forward to trying the update.

Thank you very much for adding the Horizontal List views back to Evernote, or "Top Side" View as it is called now.  From past experience I know that it can be a struggle between making all of your customers happy, keeping your product modern looking and adding new functionality to a product.  I am very impressed that your software developers quickly found a way to add back what we were asking for and still keep your new Reminders feature in tact.

Also, I want to thank all of the Evernote users that took the time to post on the forums their frustration with the the missing Horizontal Views.  Most of us are too busy to visit the forums on a frequent basis and taking that extra time to do what we can to post our feelings has helped keep Evernote a usable product.  

Thank you Evernote.   I just installed 5.1.4 on my Mac and it's great to have the Top List View back.  I'm still not a fan of the wasted space the Reminders section takes up (why not just add a sortable column for reminders?) but I'll take what I can for now!  Thanks again.

Archived