Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

Android 4.1 install Evernote on SD card?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ZoZo

ZoZo

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

I'm running out of internal storage space on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Android version 4.1

What happens if I insert an SD card? Can I move all Evernote notes to the SD card?

(I've searched the forums, but can't find a real answer for this. It looks like this would be possible on older Android versions, but not on current versions?).

#2 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Well the bad news is you won't be able to move much of Evernote to the SD card - AFAIK current versions of Android can't save the database anywhere but internal memory.  But you can clear the decks by moving any pictures and multimedia files you have to SD to create space.  You can also limit your local database to relevant stuff,  and put non-essential items into a database that you'll download if necessary rather than have on local search.

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#3 ZoZo

ZoZo

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

I was afraid of that. I don't have a lot of pictures and multi-media files so that won't help much.

Yes. I guess it's time to create some none-essential notebooks. That will free up some space for the next couple of months.

Too bad. Next time I'll buy a 32gb device...

#4 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

:) Yup.  More storage is always better...

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote