Current notebook not highlighted on the sidebar

Hello,

I'm on a Mac. I select View/Sidebar Options/Notebooks to visualize all my notebooks structure on the sidebar.

The problem is that the current notebook that I'm working on is NOT highlighted in any way. Is it normal? Is there anything I can do to change this behavior? It's not very user friendly because it's difficult to know where I am on the notebook structure

Please refer to the attached screenshot.

Thanks

33207rs.png

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, good news fellow Mac users!  If you revert to the Evernote Web older version (not the current beta), you get a left side navigation bar that allows highlighting of multiple items like you'd expect.

I think this bug has been ignored so long because it kept being treated as an "improvement request".  The basic/default functionality of the user interface elements was broken between EN Mac v4 and EN Mac v5, and nobody has fixed it yet.  I'm trying to keep the pressure on the support team (to hopefully keep some pressure on the dev team).  Hopefully we get our fix soon.

In the mean time, as long as you have internet access, you can use the web version.  You'll need to go to settings (https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action) and scroll down to the row called "Beta" and click the link to go back to the old web version.  Reload the page and you're good to go.  I hope that helps.

• 4 months later...

Archived