(Archived) On-Demand Related Notes

starkos

Idea

I love the Related Notes introduced in 5.x, and I'm finding all kinds of great stuff I had completely forgotten about. But I don't like having them turned on all the time, because I find them distracting when I am trying to author new content. Also, I would really like to see more than just three related notes. This is valuable stuff and I feel like I'm only getting a glimpse of the surface.

Could you add a new search option to show all related notes? Perhaps in the menu as Edit > Find > Related Notes? And then show as many results as you can (I obviously don't know the technical constraints on doing these searches, or how quickly the relevance falls off), sorted by whatever relevance metric you used to determine the relations. 

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Actually this would also nicely support the other thread over at http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/37826-prevent-duplicate-clippings/  - rather than have a resource-heavy check running all the time,  give the option to do an active search from time to time,  and while flagging up related notes,  do a red flag for "are these notes the same??"

Archived