Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

A Notepad++ Evernote Plugin?

evernote notepad++ notepad plus plus notepad plugin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sweebez

sweebez

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

I love the idea of a cloud-based note taking system, and I currently use Notepad++ to make lists which I store on my desktop. I'd love to go the extra step and simply write/edit the note in Notepad++ and save to the cloud, removing the clutter of text files on my desktop. Is there anything right now that lets me "log-in" to Evernote via Notepad++ so that I can Open/Save files to Evernote as easily as I Open/Save files to my desktop? If not, would anybody be interested in it?

#2 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 5,641 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

Hi - welcome to the forums.  Thanks for the thought,  but...

Is there anything right now that lets me "log-in" to Evernote via Notepad++ so that I can Open/Save files to Evernote as easily as I Open/Save files to my desktop?  - No

If not, would anybody be interested in it? - Don't think so - Evernote already has a passable text editor,  and logging in via something else just adds a layer of complication.

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#3 sweebez

sweebez

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Thanks for your reply but for me, and others I've asked, passable isn't good enough. Notepad++ is built for a variety of users while Evernote really isn't. Thanks for your input though!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, evernote, notepad++, notepad plus plus, notepad, plugin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote