Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

Evernote for Android 5.1 beta 3

evernote

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 820 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

Hi All, 

Here is a new beta update for testing. 

What's new? 

• Date picker - we added an improved UI for the date picker. It is still in progress and presents some UI and UX issues
  • Reminder widget - display the private reminders in the Widget app
  • Subscribe to reminders in shared and business notebooks - receive notification for reminders set by others
  • Pending sync indicator - you will see in note list if a note is pending synchronisation. It can happen when editing offline or when out of quota. 

Here are the links to download:
http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

http://s.evernote.com/widgetpreview

Go to settings/support/ to send your logs to android-preview@evernote.com when you have a problem. 

That will send us the essential information we will need to investigate here. 

Thanks for testing our app!

Xavier. 

#2 rockky

rockky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

Haven't figured out how to 'place the private reminders in the widget app'

Thanks

''We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.''

Winston Churchill

#3 GaryLKing

GaryLKing

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • 184 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

Just to mention an oddity.

I have a Nexus 7 & a Galaxy Nexus. Both running android 4.2.2.

When I get a notification of a new release, if I download it directly & attempt to install, Android brings up the pdf reader choices instead of the installer. Failure.

If I download from here, drop it into Google Drive & click on it there, everything works.

Both files are named the same, both are .apk's, and I have deleted all caches and defaults.

Just curious if anyone has an idea of the problem.

Regards,
Gary

#4 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• Title: "There is no magic, only lost physics"
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

Haven't figured out how to 'place the private reminders in the widget app'
Thanks

You should be able to with the new version of the widget. Did you download it from the link above?
See: http://www.evernote....77635620e79c713

New reminder setting:
This makes setting the date/time quicker IMO, and is quite intuitive to me, but there is also the option of the normal calendar date/time setting if you need to be more specific/go to a further date.
http://www.evernote....779d6459f037449

So far the reminders are becoming a really nice feature to use, keep up the good work :)

Will mess with them some more in shared environments later.

Pending Sync:
Again, another improved feature. I noticed before the note turning orange in previous versions, and didn't really know what it meant at first (I was messing with reminders so thought it was related to that)
This is a much better and less intrusive way of displaying "pending sync" notes. Thanks :)

Scott

#5 mrgoerend

mrgoerend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

I took a bunch of pictures for a note yesterday with the app and I checked to make sure it was in portrait mode but some of them came out where they needed to be rotated. Just an FYI.

#6 Phil G.

Phil G.

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

Hi there!

I have a question: I'm not quite sure, but I think I am still in as an Android Beta Tester. My problem:

When I saw the most recent update notification one to two days ago, I went to settings to activate "Allow untrusted sources" (which I usually deactivate again right after install for security reasons), but when I tried to go back to the (already opened) notification, I couldn't! (Android 4.2.2) From then on I found no way to get my phone to pull the installer again.

(Neither checking my apps on the Google App store nor syncing Evernote doesn't do anything about that.)

So how can I "force" my phone or the Evernote servers to send me the update again, without having to fiddle around with manual files?

(I was quite happy that worked so smoothly.)

Thanks in advance.

• EN Premium, v.4.6.6.8360  | Windows 7 Professional x64
  • Evernote, EN Hello and EN Food on Android 4.2.2

#7 loriswave

loriswave

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hi,

I have installed on my nexus s with Android 4.1.2 and seems work well,

keep it up.

#8 Frank Beyer

Frank Beyer

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

Are there any plans to enhance the editor on Android after the reminder is finished?

#9 rockky

rockky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

Just wanna say I really like the collapseable reminders structure on the web app note list. Hopefully that can be enabled on android.....

Big Bonus? Have it also be enabled as a home shortcut option! 

''We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.''

Winston Churchill

#10 teddie

teddie

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

Do you have plan to support storage of offline notes in external sd card?

#11 Brian Woods

Brian Woods

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:48 AM

Currently was messing around with trying to figure out how to use the Reminders feature in Android Beta 5.1. I'm having a problem trying to figure how to setup the "Reminder Notifications For Joined Notebooks" option. What I'm doing is - Selecting Notebooks, clicking on Menu option and then Reminder Notifications. I am then shown my list of Joined Notebooks. On this screen there are icons next to each joined notebook that looks like a Inbox icon with a downward facing arrow that I'm able to select. At the bottom of this screen, I have the option to select Reminder Notifications option, which I'm only able to select after clicking on the icon next to each notebook. I'm just trying to see what this feature does or how I can use it, thanks. Hopefully someone knows what I'm describing here and can assist.

#12 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• Title: "There is no magic, only lost physics"
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

What you are doing is selecting which notebooks to see reminder notifications from. This menu is useful if you have multiple notebooks that you want to subscribe to notifications in. (It works similar to the offline notebooks selection)

When you select a notebook, and choose one of the reminder options it is applied to all the selected notebooks.

You can also select a notebook and from the menu choose the reminder notifications option for that notebook specifically.

#13 Brian Woods

Brian Woods

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

Okay, thanks spg Scott for the explanation. So my next question is, how to save my reminder notification selection for my joined notebooks. When I select which joined notebooks that I want reminder notifications for, and exit the screen,when I go back to the same screen, nothing is selected and I'm receiving a message that no changes were saved.

#14 Jenni Lathrop

Jenni Lathrop

• Title: Alliance Lackey
  • Group: Evernote Ambassador
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

Is there a way to turn off the reminder sound for a device? I have Evernote on my tablet and phone, but I don't need the reminder alerts (especially the sound) on my tablet. Is there a way to turn it off for one device?

#15 loriswave

loriswave

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

after some test a big request:
More space for title of note with reminder.
Exemple: I set a reminder to a note from hello because I want call he or she tomorrow. I can't read the name because the title is: meet ...

#16 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,749 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

after some test a big request:
More space for title of note with reminder.
Exemple: I set a reminder to a note from hello because I want call he or she tomorrow. I can't read the name because the title is: meet ...

New beta's out; see if this is an improvement: http://discussion.ev...roid-51-beta-4/

~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#17 loriswave

loriswave

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

Hi,
I have downloaded the new version.
The space is not improved.
Everytime I open a note list, a notebook or notes with same tag, the reminder is open. I need two click for close it.

#18 Brian Woods

Brian Woods

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:23 AM

Wondering how to properly use this feature - 

• Reminder widget - display the private reminders in the Widget app. I've already downloaded and installed the updated widget file from the link above. Not seeing how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated because this feature seems like a great option that I would like to start using, thanks

#19 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,749 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:50 AM

You should check out the pinned post for the latest beta (5.1 beta 4) that was released just the other day.

~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#20 Brian Woods

Brian Woods

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Thanks again for your feedback jefito. I actually found my answer after going back to spg Scott's comments above. He has a link to a picture which explains exactly how to setup the Reminders on the android widget. The problem I had was that I was using the 4x2 widget instead of the 4x1 widget, which is the one only one which currently works with Reminders.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote