(Archived) Free vs. Premium

I just started using Evernote (Free) in April. I bumped into my free max allowance a couple of weeks ago. I was kind of biding my time 'til May rolled around b/c I thought that'd restart my meter, and I could log more notes, but alas, it's still blocking me for being over my space limit. Not sure exactly what's up with that. But I'm not opposed to paying for a few months, or even that $45/year deal to get my backlog of notes loaded and running. However, I'm a little wary of being tied to paying Evernote forever. I'm not ok with committing to pay $5/mo. in perpetuity, especially since once I get my backlog of notes loaded, I'll likely have significantly reduced activity after that. 

So, before I go ahead and pay and do the work of loading 100+ more notes, I wanted to make sure that if/when I quit paying, I'll still be able to access the data I loaded during my paid "premium" time. I've searched around the Evernote website & Google a bit, but I haven't seen a definitive answer to this question. Does anyone know whether it's possible to shift back down to "free" after being "premium" for some period, and still be able to see all the notes you loaded during your premium time?

Thanks!

- Lisa
  • Level 5*
I just started using Evernote (Free) in April. I bumped into my free max allowance a couple of weeks ago. I was kind of biding my time 'til May rolled around b/c I thought that'd restart my meter, and I could log more notes, but alas, it's still blocking me for being over my space limit. Not sure exactly what's up with that. But I'm not opposed to paying for a few months, or even that $45/year deal to get my backlog of notes loaded and running. However, I'm a little wary of being tied to paying Evernote forever. I'm not ok with committing to pay $5/mo. in perpetuity, especially since once I get my backlog of notes loaded, I'll likely have significantly reduced activity after that. 

So, before I go ahead and pay and do the work of loading 100+ more notes, I wanted to make sure that if/when I quit paying, I'll still be able to access the data I loaded during my paid "premium" time. I've searched around the Evernote website & Google a bit, but I haven't seen a definitive answer to this question. Does anyone know whether it's possible to shift back down to "free" after being "premium" for some period, and still be able to see all the notes you loaded during your premium time?

Thanks!
- Lisa

Hi Lisa. Welcome to the forums. Yes, once your data is on Evernote's servers, it is there forever, and you can switch back to Free if you would like. It should also be noted that your individual note size limits will be increased, and if you make a note that exceeds the Free limit, when you switch back to Free, you will no longer be able to edit the note (so I am told), but you will definitely be able to view it, just like you could as a Premium user. I know of people who just upgrade for a month to upload all of their data, and then go back to Free. Evernote is perfectly cool with you doing that.

Here is the official word you were looking for regarding the switch from Premium to Free.

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/23466441

Archived