OSX Mail plugin

MABE77

Idea

Hi Evernote!

I am a premium user that is using OSX as operating system. The last 3 years the exchange support in OSX Mail is usable and heavily used at least in the nordic countries. It is about time that you invest in a plugin that lets us in a easy and supported way insert mails into Evernote.

I have tested all suggested methods here in the forum and none is as effective and stabile as the plugin to windows version outlook.

It is NOT a solution that is worth Evernote's brand and reputation to email a email that you already have on the computer.

What we need is:

A plugin with a short command

Select multiple emails

Possibility to tag (the tags that i am using in Evernote)

Choose notebook

Possibility to make a action to the email when you are moving it to Evernote (move the email to a Evernote folder)

Please this as a priority!

Thanks in advance

Marcus Bengtsson

• Like 9

Giving a recommendation for ChungwaSoft's EverMail plugin. I had written my own script to save emails to Evernote (both creating a text note of the email and saving a copy of the original .eml in the note), but found the EverMail solution to be simpler, more elegant, and more reliable. The developer was also very responsive to feedback and even incorporated my idea of saving the original .eml in the note.

I have tried EverMail but for me it is not working. It gives an error window. Can you tell me a little more about how emails are ending up in Evernote? Original formatting, link to original message and handling of html emails and emails with attachments?

I have tried EverMail but for me it is not working. It gives an error window. Can you tell me a little more about how emails are ending up in Evernote? Original formatting, link to original message and handling of html emails and emails with attachments?

I have occasionally encountered an error as well; sometimes it has been a space in the email title causing the problem. I suggest contacting ChungwaSoft support - they've been very good about working with me.

I believe the product works via the Evernote email-in process. However, Evermail adds a terrific GUI to assist in tagging, filing and adding notes. Additionally, you can set it up to include both attachments and the original email as an attachment. Finally, if I'm not mistaken, the email will end up in EN as formatted, so HTML emails should be no problem.

• Like 1

I can respond and say we are looking into it.

Brilliant. At least you could expand your e-mail forwarding scheme ("Email Notes to"-mail feature), so that it could support tags in the mail body / header. For example if I want to automatically forward an e-mail to a specific notebook, I could 'tag' the message by prepending #nb:name_of_notebook to the body or header. That could work universally. Just my two cents…

Brilliant. At least you could expand your e-mail forwarding scheme ("Email Notes to"-mail feature), so that it could support tags in the mail body / header. For example if I want to automatically forward an e-mail to a specific notebook, I could 'tag' the message by prepending #nb:name_of_notebook to the body or header. That could work universally. Just my two cents…

I don't know if you are aware, but you can assign an emailed-in note to a notebook and tag it by appending terms to the subject line, see https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23480523:)

• Like 1

I don't know if you are aware, but you can assign an emailed-in note to a notebook and tag it by appending terms to the subject line, see https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23480523 :)

I did not know this! Thank you!  :D

Evernote guys, do you pay any attention to what we say??

You've had the Outlook plugin going forever...it's time to Mac Up!

At the very least, let us know where you stand on progress, please.

• Level 5*

Evernote guys, do you pay any attention to what we say??

You've had the Outlook plugin going forever...it's time to Mac Up!

At the very least, let us know where you stand on progress, please.

This is primarily a user forum. If you want a direct answer to a direct question then you are probably best off opening a support ticket.

I am trying to use Evermail but out my my 43 selected emails, it will only move 11 of them. When I try again it moves 5 or 6. Anyone else seen this behavior or have a fix? I contacted Evermail support but no response yet. 

What is the latest way to take multiple e-mails (and a lot of them) from Yosemite Mail to Evernote, with attachments, and links back to the e-mail? 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

What is the latest way to take multiple e-mails (and a lot of them) from Yosemite Mail to Evernote, with attachments, and links back to the e-mail? 

I haven't used this (I use Outlook), but you might take a look at this AppleScript:

Apple Mail to Evernote by Veritrope

If it's not exactly what you want, you could always customize it.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Nicholas Quixote said:

+100

Not sure what your specific requirements are for an Email to Evernote interface

Evernote has implemented a generic solution, but since we're using Macs my solution was to script this function

My solution is documented here.  There's also an earlier post with a similar solution