(Archived) [How to] make a template in one note for diary?

TroyMaster

Hey guys,

I would like to know how to make a template for a diary / habitchange-log.

I dont want to use a stack for each day. Instead I would like to make a super long note with different dates.

My template looks like below. And the text should be the same, but the date should everyday be different. And It should be easy to add a new text or remove a new text to it.

##################################################

(Template)

Abends:  Warum war der Tag heute grandios?
Wofür bin ich Dankbar heute? (min. 5 Dinge)
Wieviel % des Tages habe ich mich gut gefühlt?
%

Morgens: Warum wird der Tag grandios? (min. 5 Dinge)
Wofür bin ich Dankbar?

###############################################

Do you have a good Idea?

Thanks
Torge
  • Level 5*

Hi Torge,  welcome to the forums.

There are Evernote add-ins that will create templates - see the Trunk for more on that.  At a very basic level though you could create your note as above and simply copy it each day.  If you check out keyboard shortcuts,  you'll find that amongst other options Ctrl + ";" will insert the current date and time.  There's no way that I know to automatically generate a date - except that a new note has the current date/ time as a 'Created Date'.  So just copying the template gives you a correctly dated note..

• Level 5*

The other thing is that on Windows, you can create a template note, and use the Copy Note function (Note / Copy or right-click / Copy note) to make a copy of the template note in another notebook. Plug in the current date via Ctrl+; and you have a decent start on things.

Archived