Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Desktop client stopped syncing in Windows 7

evernote sync windows 7

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Mobbzy

Mobbzy

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Evernote desktop suddenly stopped syncing a couple of days ago, but there's no error message. It says "Synchronization complete", but when I check the web client or my android client - no new or updated notes have been uploaded from my desktop client.

I updated to the latest desktop version - it didn't make any difference. I also emptied the trash - no difference. 

The android client is still syncing fine, but obviously I can't work from my laptop, and I've become reliant on Evernote now - a mistake, it would seem!

I've submitted several tickets, but no response.

Does it boil down to an uninstall/reinstall? And would I lose all my local data? 

Any help greatly appreciated! 

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,790 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

First things first -- if Syncing from your Windows client fails, then you should see an error message. You should also check your Activity Log for problems relating to synching.

Second thing -- check your account using the Evernote web client (http://www.evernote.com/Home.action) -- if your Windows notes are there, then the problem is not with the Windows client; it's more likely that your Android client is not syncing correctly. If that's the case, a support request is the way to go. You should have gotten a reply within 1 business day, but it can take longer for free users, because premium users are prioritized first.

~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 Mobbzy

Mobbzy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Thanks Jeff. There is no error message - the desktop client says "Syncing... 100%. Synchronization complete". Which is all very well, but when I log into the web client my new/edited notes are not there, and they don't appear on my android client either. 

Any notes I add or edit from my android client are uploaded to the web client and to my desktop client just fine, but it's stopped working the other way round.

The android client uploads new/edited notes, but the Windows one doesn't. 

#4 jefito

jefito

• 10,790 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

So it's the Windows client, evidently. If you haven't received at least an automated reply from Evernote's support folks, and it's been over a day, check your spam folder; sometimes the replies land there.

~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#5 Mobbzy

Mobbzy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Thanks Jeff.

Correct, it's the windows client. I've just uninstalled and re-installed it as a last resort. It made no difference.

Also checked my firewall - no problem there. 

Will hope Evernote tech support reply or else I'll just have to forget about Evernote.

#6 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,184 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

I've submitted several tickets, but no response.

EN responds to tickets by premium users within one business day, California time.  Free users as time permits.  IIRC, Heather posted last week that they had been really swamped & so response times were longer than normal.  I don't know if that's still the case.  If you've not received a reply in a timely manner, you can always post your ticket number(s) here & a mod can flag it for EN to make sure it didn't fall through the cracks.

Also, be sure you're checking the email that's associated with your Evernote account.

I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#7 Mobbzy

Mobbzy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Thanks - I'll bear that in mind and give them a few more days.

#8 Mobbzy

Mobbzy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Still no reply from Evernote, and I've contacted them twice. Great customer service.

#9 jefito

jefito

• 10,790 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

I'll report this, and see if we can get to the bottom of it.
~Jeff

#10 gbarry

gbarry

• Title: Admin in Residence
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

Hi Mobbzy--I can't seem to locate your ticket based on email or login name.  Do you have a ticket number I could reference and pull up?

Check out our Knowledgebase. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Check out the Getting Started Guide. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#11 clb22

clb22

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

I am also having problems syncing from my laptop.  Although my error message says "sync failed due to an unexpected error at server."   I just downloaded evernote yesterday.. so it is the latest version.   And of course I am connected to the internet. I hope this gets fixed soon, I was really looking forward to using and promoting Evernote.

#12 AngieA

AngieA

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

This is happening to me as well.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice.  I'm using Windows 7.  Desktop app tells me I'm synched but the changes aren't showing for anyone else and aren't on the website version. 

Has any progress been made to resolve this issue? 

Thank you.

#13 wuffinmaffles

wuffinmaffles

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:27 AM

This is my problem as well. I hope to see it resolved soon. I work from one laptop, so I've already filed away my entire life, but I was hoping to actually use some of the features I've heard about besides filing.

http://discussion.ev...yncing-with-pc/

Similar discussion here ^^

#14 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• 12,184 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

I am also having problems syncing from my laptop. Although my error message says "sync failed due to an unexpected error at server." I just downloaded evernote yesterday.. so it is the latest version. And of course I am connected to the internet. I hope this gets fixed soon, I was really looking forward to using and promoting Evernote.

This is happening to me as well. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I'm using Windows 7. Desktop app tells me I'm synched but the changes aren't showing for anyone else and aren't on the website version.

Has any progress been made to resolve this issue?

Thank you.

This is my problem as well. I hope to see it resolved soon. I work from one laptop, so I've already filed away my entire life, but I was hoping to actually use some of the features I've heard about besides filing.

http://discussion.ev...yncing-with-pc/

Similar discussion here ^^

Please see posts #6 & #4 above.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#15 LukeF26

LukeF26

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:25 AM

I am running Windows 7. 

I installed the windows client - but any new notebooks created in it refused to synch to the web, and so mobile device. 

I recreated the notebooks (with a slightly different name) via the web interface and did a good ol' cut n paste. 

The PC client was able to download these new notebooks to its local dB. 

I can now edit the content of these notebooks and it does synch. 

Best guess it is a windows 7 client issue that effects newly (locally) created notebooks. 

Not much help if you have lots of data to synch... 

#16 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• 12,184 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:16 AM

I am running Windows 7. 

I installed the windows client - but any new notebooks created in it refused to synch to the web, and so mobile device. 

I recreated the notebooks (with a slightly different name) via the web interface and did a good ol' cut n paste. 

Best guess it is a windows 7 client issue that effects newly (locally) created notebooks. 

When you created the new notebooks on the Windows client, did you set them up as local or synchronized?

#17 LukeF26

LukeF26

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:23 AM

I am running Windows 7. 

When you created the new notebooks on the Windows client, did you set them up as local or synchronized?

I left the default - which is Synched. 

#18 Marita

Marita

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:04 PM

I'm having a similar problem. My synchronization fails, but the activity log just shows problems with conflicting notes. I've deleted the notes, so now the activity log just points to a file with link that's gone.

My Android evernote (on my phone) syncs, and I see the updated notes there & on the web versions.  I've emptied the trash, uninstalled/reinstalled evernote, and it hasn't helped. I could open a help ticket, but I'm assuming that this isn't just happening to me?

Thanks

#19 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• 12,184 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:24 PM

I'm having a similar problem. My synchronization fails, but the activity log just shows problems with conflicting notes. I've deleted the notes, so now the activity log just points to a file with link that's gone.

My Android evernote (on my phone) syncs, and I see the updated notes there & on the web versions.  I've emptied the trash, uninstalled/reinstalled evernote, and it hasn't helped. I could open a help ticket, but I'm assuming that this isn't just happening to me?

Thanks

This is a users forum.  If you want help & haven't found an answer on the board or the answers provided do not work for you, you should open a support ticket.

#20 JdoubleU

JdoubleU

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:39 PM

I am having the same problem.  I believe I have had window 7 for awhile but it just decide not to sync anymore.  Is it a new update that caused all this?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, evernote, sync, windows 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote