(Archived) Evernote for Android v5.0 now live on Google Play!

Xavier_

Hi All, 

We are very excited to announce that Evernote for Android v5.0 is now live on Google Play. 

It adds some great features: 

Camera improvements

> New: Multi-shot camera lets you take multiple photos without exiting the camera

> New: Page Camera mode beautifully digitizes photos of physical documents and pages

Evernote Smart Notebook by Moleskine!

> Evernote for Android now works with the Evernote Smart Notebook by Moleskine

> Order yours at http://evernote.com/moleskine

New Premium feature: Document Search

> Search in attached office documents, spreadsheets and presentations

Shortcuts

> New: Shortcuts let you jump to notes, notebooks and tags that you access frequently

> Shortcuts sync to other Evernote platforms that support shortcuts

Evernote Business

> Filter notes by Business tags

> Edit tags in a Business note

And more

> Refined look and feel with improved note lists and icons

If you experience any problem, please go to settings/support/ to send your logs to android-preview@evernote.com. 

That will send us the essential information we will need to investigate. 

Thank you very much!

Looks good! The only problem I've found so far is that the page camera doesn't respect the flash settings. I switched off the flash and tried to capture a document which is a bit shiny, hence the flash is useless. But the flash fires anyway...

The error with missing Polish fonts in notes and notebooks titles in list view (new font issue) from beta version has not been resolved and has been populated to the public version. I sent details of the problem to support for beta. Should I do the same for public version?

Looks good! The only problem I've found so far is that the page camera doesn't respect the flash settings. I switched off the flash and tried to capture a document which is a bit shiny, hence the flash is useless. But the flash fires anyway...

Same problem here.

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000

• Level 5*

Evernote 5.0 is not compatible with the following phone:

• Android 2.2.2
  • LG Optimus One (P509)

App Store says it should be compatible with Android 1.6 and up. I have a Kindle Fire (based on Android 2.3, not 2.2 though) -- although the Kindle store doesn't have the latest version, but I was able to download the 5.0 master version APK in the link given in the Evernote for Android topic here: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/36162-evernote-for-android-50-beta-5/). This version installed and runs fine on my device.

Thanks All, 

We will verify the incompatibility problem.

We will fix the flash bug.

We are working on the Polish character problem and we could reproduce it. It just needs a bit of work since we need to enrich the current font type. 

I am not getting the new scanning function to work correctly.  I go into camera, tap the new icon and the frame comes up, I center my notebook page, and all it does is take a picture.  It doesn't do any magic and it doesn't scan it.  It just takes a regular photo.  I am not quite sure what I am doing wrong.

I've written my notes by Vietnamese and after upgrade to Evernote for Android v5.0, the title notes cannot display correctly. I think the new font does not support Vietnamese. Please support to change font of title.

I am not getting the new scanning function to work correctly.  I go into camera, tap the new icon and the frame comes up, I center my notebook page, and all it does is take a picture.  It doesn't do any magic and it doesn't scan it.  It just takes a regular photo.  I am not quite sure what I am doing wrong.

Vance--are you using the Page Camera with a Moleskine?  The tagging magic happens in conjunction with the Moleskine, though Page Camera should be giving you a cleaner, flatter image and be automatically cropping around the page to produce a clean document, scan style image.

Evernote 5.0 is not compatible with the following phone:

• Android 2.2.2
  • LG Optimus One (P509)
App Store says it should be compatible with Android 1.6 and up. I have a Kindle Fire (based on Android 2.3, not 2.2 though) -- although the Kindle store doesn't have the latest version, but I was able to download the 5.0 master version APK in the link given in the Evernote for Android topic here: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/36162-evernote-for-android-50-beta-5/). This version installed and runs fine on my device.

Same problem for me and my Galaxy Ace :(

Major formatting issue with a bulleted list today. Indenting the list moved other text that's not in a bulleted list around as well. Took a bunch of turning off bullets, un-indenting, and deleting to get the formatting to fix.

Not was created on Mac then edited on Android, for what it's worth.

Hallo

the update to version 5.0 on Android devices caused that texts using diacritical signs are displayed incorrectly.

Correctly displayed are the texts inside the note itself, but its name, and in the list of notes it is displayed incorrectly.
I tried to open the same note in PC Application and in the web Application and hee is everything OK.

See the attached screenshots.

Is this forum monitored by evernote staff or is there any other place, where I should report the bug?

with best regards

Petr Kohutek

post-128931-0-43667300-1364305585_thumb.

post-128931-0-74071400-1364305586_thumb.

Love the new interface and shortcuts.  However, I'm unable to change note titles. I enter the edit mode and change the title but when it saves it always saves as the old title.  I've tried it with autotitle boxed and unboxed but it didn't make a difference.  These notes were created on the PC client.

Update: It also doesn't change notebooks if I change that in edit mode either.  It seems to work fine if I select "move to notebook".

• Level 5*

Is this forum monitored by evernote staff or is there any other place, where I should report the bug?

Merged your post with the Version 5 public release announcement, which also has reports of problems with the typeface. The forum is monitored by Evernote employees, and sometimes (as in this topic) they respond (gbarry and xdelplanque). You can also report problems by opening a support request, but in this case, Xavier will definitely see it.

Vance--are you using the Page Camera with a Moleskine?  The tagging magic happens in conjunction with the Moleskine, though Page Camera should be giving you a cleaner, flatter image and be automatically cropping around the page to produce a clean document, scan style image.

Sorry if this is a repost, I don't see my reply, I am thinking it got lost in the ether. 

Yes, I am using the page camera,  I go to camera, tap the small icon which is a frame and a page inside it, which brings up a bezel frame to view through.  I center my notebook page and take a picture.  It seems to just take a picture, it doesn't find the corners, crop, flatten or anything, it is the same as any other picture I would take.  If I tap on the number "1" it pulls up that photo and shows the stickers I can put on it and, the first time, it showed a link to a tutorial (but that seemed to be the iOS version).

Hi All, 

Thank you for your help. I reviewed your feedback, here are my answers: 

@Vance, 

could you please send us your logs (see original post) with "Scanning Issue" as title. Your phone configuration (camera lens, flash light…) can actually impact the feature. Please try also to take a picture of a document using a contrasted background to see if that changes something. 

@mdalves, @Denzel, @Justin Gregory

We are looking at this issue as a high priority. Should be fixed soon. 

@rickhuizinga

Could you possibly send us the logs (title "page resolution problem" and share a note with us so we can verify if the resolution is correct. 

This process needs to change the resolution to work, but we want to make sure that the document remains legible. 

@Jiangster

It is difficult to please everyone when taking visual design decisions. We will see what we can do. 

@thanhhh, @Petr Kohutek

We are working on it. We should deliver a fix very soon. We need to enrich this font type with additional characters. For some reasons the latest versions of Android don't fall back to a system font when some characters are not supported. 

@mrgoerend 

We haven't changed this feature in the latest update, so that may have been here before. Still, could you send us the logs (title: "bullet issue") and a link to a note so we can investigate a bit more? 

@Bartman001 

Thanks for reporting this, we'll have a look at it shortly. 

Hi All, 

Thank you for your help. I reviewed your feedback, here are my answers: 

@Vance, 

could you please send us your logs (see original post) with "Scanning Issue" as title. Your phone configuration (camera lens, flash light…) can actually impact the feature. Please try also to take a picture of a document using a contrasted background to see if that changes something. 

Yes, all my pictures have my moleskine (not the Evernote branded ones yet) laying on my dark desk, so the contrast should be fine.  It really just takes a picture without any difference from any other picture.  One odd thing is that it insists on using the flash even though I go in and turn off the flash (an issues raised by others here).  I did send the logs with "Scanning Issue" in the title.

I added a larger micro sd card to my phone today, but EN told me that it couldn't synch my account.  So I uninstalled the app.  When I went to re-install, Google Play tells me that my device isn't supported?!  Since when?  I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia mini 10 pro running 4.0.5.  Is it the 3" screen?  What happened?

Guest mrossk

I like this new version. Good work!

A word to Shortcuts / Favourites / Tastenkürzel / Verknüpfungen in the german version of Evernote 5.0 for android:

When you are in a note and swipe to the left, then you see the list "Tastenkürzel". You should rename this list to "Favoriten" (favourites). I guess this items should be the same like the "Favoritenleiste" in the Windows-Version (but currently only synced with mac), right? So you should give them the same name.

In your blog http://blog.evernote.com/blog/category/product-updates/ you also call them shortcuts. But they are no shortcuts. Shortcuts are the icons that are shown on the andoid-desktop. I was a litte confused after adding a shortcut but not finding it on the android-desktop. You also should name them fafourites here.

EDIT: The different names are necessary to determine which items are synced betrween the devices and which are only local.

Marcel.

I am trying to install Evernote from Google Play but it says:

Your device isn't compatible with this version.

It was working until yesterday when I uninstalled it by mistake. I am now I am trying to re-install it.

HTC Wildfire S
Android version 2.3.5

Please help.

Thanks All, 

Here is a list of what should be fixed very shortly: 

• Page camera: Flash still works although user sets the flash off

• 'operation failed' in smartnotebook settings

• Evernote 5.0 is not compatible with ARMv6 devices and before

• Note title cannot be updated

• The sync icon rotates in anti clockwise direction.

We pushed a bug fix update that fixes the issues mentioned in my earlier post. 

The issue with some unsupported character in Caecilia is still pending. We should be able to fix it shortly. 

Has anyone a link to somewhere where a description is give nof the new camera / page scanner functions? Maybe this is selfexplanatory to most users, but I find this a bit confusing.

Thanks.

Installed the update and the flash issue is gone. Thanks!

Has anyone a link to somewhere where a description is give nof the new camera / page scanner functions? Maybe this is selfexplanatory to most users, but I find this a bit confusing.

Thanks.

Wanted to ask that as well but you beat me to it.

I confirm, flash issue and 'operation failed' issue are gone.

However, I have an issue with doc scanner feature - for single page scan everything works fine, but if I want to scan more pages, after I press the shutter button for second page, the app freezes with 'busy' inducator and with message 'processing image 1/2' stays in that state forever - I have to manually kill the process in order to make the app work again.

Have you guys tried to scan more than one page in a row? Does it work ok?

The Evernote 5.0.1 app will install, open, and show notes, tags and the list of notes.

However, there are still the following issues:

1. Login is not persistent (requires login after each crash)
  2. Opening a note (for viewing) is causing a Android Webview crash. I've sent the crash report through the Android crash reporting mechanism.

Once again, a LG-P509/LG Optimus T (ARMv6)

Let me know if I can provide any more feedback.

Hi Adam, 

We haven't received your logs, you may have sent them to Google actually. 

Could you possibly repro the problem and use this following steps to send your logs? 

if you experience any problem, please go to settings/support/ to send your logs to android-preview@evernote.com. 

I've sent the logs to the e-mail address

Here is the error that's being produced:

3-28 08:29:31.695 I/ActivityManager( 1371): Starting activity: Intent { cmp=com.evernote/.ui.phone.SwipeableNoteViewActivity (has extras) }03-28 08:29:34.355 E/AndroidRuntime(18336): FATAL EXCEPTION: WebViewWorkerThread03-28 08:29:34.355 E/AndroidRuntime(18336): java.lang.NullPointerException03-28 08:29:34.355 E/AndroidRuntime(18336): at android.webkit.WebViewDatabase.getCacheTotalSize(WebViewDatabase.java:734)03-28 08:29:34.355 E/AndroidRuntime(18336): at android.webkit.CacheManager.trimCacheIfNeeded(CacheManager.java:548)03-28 08:29:34.355 E/AndroidRuntime(18336): at android.webkit.WebViewWorker.handleMessage(WebViewWorker.java:190)03-28 08:29:34.355 E/AndroidRuntime(18336): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)03-28 08:29:34.355 E/AndroidRuntime(18336): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)03-28 08:29:34.355 E/AndroidRuntime(18336): at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)03-28 08:29:34.375 W/ActivityManager( 1371):   Force finishing activity com.evernote/.ui.phone.SwipeableNoteViewActivity03-28 08:29:34.375 W/ActivityManager( 1371):   Force finishing activity com.evernote/.ui.phone.SwipeableNoteListActivity03-28 08:29:35.895 W/ActivityManager( 1371): Launch timeout has expired, giving up wake lock!03-28 08:29:36.075 W/ActivityManager( 1371): Activity idle timeout for HistoryRecord{44f9f900 com.evernote/.ui.phone.SwipeableNoteListActivity}03-28 08:29:37.575 I/ActivityManager( 1371): Process com.evernote (pid 18336) has died.03-28 08:29:37.575 I/WindowManager( 1371): WIN DEATH: Window{44ca6818 com.evernote/com.evernote.ui.phone.PhoneMainActivity paused=false}

With the latest version I still have the flash problem on my Nexus 4... the flash setting is respected in the normal camera, but not page camera. I've killed and restarted Evernote, but not yet tried a reboot...

I'm another one who is inexplicably blocked in the Play store for incompatibility.

I have an LG VS660 running Android 2.3.7.  Let me know if I can provide more info!  Thanks.

This is totally a Google Play, and not Evernote issue.  I periodically cannot purchase software from Google Play (stupid name IMHO) because of incompatibility issues with mobile devices.  Give it a day or so, since it always seems to sort itself out by then.

Not a great fan of the newest Evernote, but getting there. I can just about stomach the fact that it always defaults to all notes display rather than noteboks, with no option to determine which default I want. My problem with Android version is that when I've formatted text, normally by using different text colours; when I start to write in my Android, the software resets all my my text colours to plain text. Its more than annoying. I really hope that you can fix this, or suggest an workaround, or else Evernote becomes unusable for me. 

Hi,

My Evernote has updated itself to the new version, and now it will not start - whenever I try to start Evernote, I get an error "The application Evernote (process com.evernote) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". No matter how many times I "Try again", I still

get the same error.

I have tried uninstalling Evernote, then reinstalling, but that has made no difference. My Phone is an Acer Liquid, Android 1.6. HELP! - Is there anyway of downgrading to the older version that worked perfectly happily?

Cheers - Henry

@henrynurdin, 

Thanks for reporting this problem. 

Did you have a chance to send us the logs after it crashed? Those informations could help us find the cause. Here are the steps: 

if you experience any problem, please go to settings/support/ to send your logs to android-preview@evernote.com. 

If he can't get the application to start, it's going to be hard for him to get to the app settings... Is there another way he can provide logs?

@henrynurdin, 

Did you have a chance to send us the logs after it crashed? Those informations could help us find the cause. Here are the steps: 

Additionally, I just sent an issue report from the app. The Moleskine sticker isn't generating the tags like it's supposed to (just received my smart notebook Wednesday).

Is there something other than just using the page camera that needs to be done for this feature? I use the PAge Camera button from the Evernote Widget.

Hi,

Thanks for that - unfortunately I am falling at the first hurdle in that Evernote will not start at all, so I am not able to generate the error log. Is there any other way of getting the log?

Cheers - Henry

@henrynurdin, 

Hello folks. Loving the newest update. I'm just wondering if the new camera is supposed to crop/ have a manual crop function? I've been using it to "scan" receipts in for tax time and while the resulting image is very nice there is a lot of unwanted "space" around the receipt as the receipt is thinner than the scan area. Not sure if I'm missing something or having an issue similar to Vance, but is there a way to crop the image in Evernote?

Cheer.

Hello everbody,

I just upgrade my evernote app to version 5 on my HTC Wildfire (not S, android 2.2.1, app moved to sdcard). And when I started evernote the screen went black for about 10 seconds and then the home screen reappeared. I also deinstalled en reinstalled the app. After starting I got the login screen and could log in and the app started synchronizing. But if I started it again the same thing happened: a black screen for about 10 sec and then the home screen appeared. Bottom line: it doesn't work.

Does anybody have the same experience, any tips?, help?.

[edit] btw: since I can't start the app I can not send any logs.

Hello everbody,

I have exactly same problem as Robert is facing...any help...??

I just tried to download the  evernote app  version 5 on my HTC Wildfire ( app moved to sdcard). And when I started evernote the screen went black for about 10 seconds and then the home screen reappeared. I also deinstalled en reinstalled the app. After starting I got the login screen and could log in and the app started synchronizing. But if I started it again the same thing happened: a black screen for about 10 sec and then the home screen appeared. Bottom line: it doesn't work.

Does anybody have the same experience, any tips?, help?.

Hi,

I have tried and tried again...not working in my case...it says " ...succeeded.."., ask for name and password...and when I try to open, 10sec black screen and then... nothing...back to my main screen...

Any suggestion on what to do to get the application working

Thanks

Thierry

Brussels, Belgium

Evernote becomes too slow after upgrade to version 5.0.1 on my RockChip 2818 7'' tablet.

Also, I never use photo,microphone, text formatting in my notes.

May be its better to release separate version, for example, "Evernote lite" for not such powerfull devices?

I have the same problem as @robert! and tvn111 on HTC Wildfire. A couple of things on the widget worked, but the main Evernote app doesn't. If it gets tricky, I like @asashnov's suggestion.

Hey there!

I'd just like to give a quick shoutout to the Evernote team for this update. I'm loving the UI updates and I am happy to see some of the features that iPhone users have been enjoying for a while now rolled out to Evernote. I'm both a software developer and a writer, and I use Evernote to keep track of meetings, drafts, and ideas. I currently have an Evernote Moleskine on order from Amazon. Thanks, Evernote!

I also experience the flash bug on my HTC Desire S. But I have an additional question, is there / or will be there in the near future, an option to turn the shutter sound off?

I second that request. I use Evernote a lot at work, and loudly snapping pictures of documents does not make me popular with coworkers. I'd love to use the Page Camera feature, but I can't if it's going to make noise.

Not just a problem on HTCs. I have the same problem on my Motorola Flipout.

@robert, @tvn111, 

It seems that there is a problem on HTC wildfire. 

We are investigating now. 

I have the same problem as @robert, @tvn111

I have a Motorola Defy 2.1.

I have the same problem as @robert! and tvn111 on HTC Wildfire. A couple of things on the widget worked, but the main Evernote app doesn't. If it gets tricky, I like @asashnov's suggestion.

I have the same problem as Vance.  The page camera does not seem to be doing any processing of my image at all.

Hi 

Same problem with HTC Wildfire. App doesn't start. It goes back to the home screen. 

I'll appreciate a quick fix of this issue.

Can't find a solution to this one yet, but I've the problem with Wildfire and evernote 5 not starting. Have we a solution yet?

Thanks @mikedepetri - that's exactly the sort of help I needed! I was really missing Evernote on my Wildfire, so I'm very happy to be using v4.5.6.2 again while the problem is sorted out. Ahhh, Evernote, good to have you back my friend.

Thanks @mikedepetri - that's exactly the sort of help I needed! I was really missing Evernote on my Wildfire, so I'm very happy to be using v4.5.6.2 again while the problem is sorted out. Ahhh, Evernote, good to have you back my friend.

I'm really glad the effort I spent to get my Evernote back is usefult to someone else, but I'm a bit scared about future support for older/limited devices, anyway there are alternatives rising, like the google one.

Ditto - Evernote 5.0.2 not loading on HTC Wildfire after automatic update

Black screen and returns to home page after 10secs - following unistall and after reinstalling get login page - login and black screen for 10s before returning to home page - then just does not load at all.

Black screen and returns to home page after 10secs - following unistall and after reinstalling get login page - login and black screen for 10s before returning to home page - then just does not load at all.

Installing v4.5.6.2 worked for me; first time I've done this and surprisngly easy

Installing v4.5.6.2 worked for me; first time I've done this and surprisngly easy

Can you please advise as to the repository you downloaded the 4.x apk from.  I'm obviously keen to avoid any unpleasantaries from 'non-offical' apks or unsafe sources.

Can you please advise as to the repository you downloaded the 4.x apk from.  I'm obviously keen to avoid any unpleasantaries from 'non-offical' apks or unsafe sources.

http://www.androiddrawer.com/10039/download-evernote-4-5-6-2-app-apk

I got it here   http://www.androiddrawer.com/8541/download-evernote-4-5-2-app-apk/#.UWMOpzfJIiE

Thank you for the suggestions to go back to 4.5.6.2 - easily done and had working version of evernote on phone  :) - however forgot to turn off auto update - updated to 5.0.2 this morning - same result as before  :angry: - turned off updates and re-installed 4.5.6.2  :)  

@LindaL,

On 1 April, @xdelplanque (who started this topic), said "It seems that there is a problem on HTC wildfire. We are investigating now."  So I have assumed - and expect - that a solution will be announced in this topic. To get email notification of new posts I clicked on the 'Follow this topic' button at the top of the page. 

And if Evernote for Android v5.0 doesn't work for you, and you want Evernote on your Android device, then I know of no other option at the moment than using a previous version. As others have said, it's fairly easy to do.

A shared notebook (shared by someone else with me) contains several notes. One of those notes contains links
to the other notes in that notebook. All works fine on the windows client. On the mobile version,when I click on any of  the
links it displays an error(see atachement) .
  I have this on both my devices,one  Galaxy Note GT-N7000 and on a Galaxy Camera EK-GC100.
The Galaxy Camera has Android 4.1.2 and the Note 4.0.3.Both devices have the exact same symptoms.
  So as support  instructed me(ticket #16051-296754) ,I signed out but no improvement. Than I uninstalled/reinstalled the client but,again no improvement.

post-70155-0-42582200-1365581077_thumb.p

• Level 5*

@LindaL: I am using the 5.x series (following the betas) on a Nexus 7 and a Kindle FIre. No problems on either of these devices.

@dam: If you have an open ticket, you should keep pursuing it. If you don't reply in 2 weeks, they'll close it for inactivity. Please report your latest findings to them, if you already haven't.

I'm having a really hard time with this. I wish someone from evernote would update the progress of a fix. I can't seem to get the older version onto my wildfire...

I couldn't get gas in my car today because I couldn't open evernote and get my password... nice, couldn't even log into it from the internet on my wildfire. I had to leave and go home to my computer to be able to log on...

:blink:

• Level 5*

I'm having a really hard time with this. I wish someone from evernote would update the progress of a fix. I can't seem to get the older version onto my wildfire...

I'm pretty sure when they get a fix, they'll announce it in the usual places. It sounds as though they didn't actually have a device to test/diagnose this issue, which would probably lead to some delay.

The latest beta fixes some of the crash issues we're seeing that are device dependent.  But since it's a cluster of related bugs, it's slower than normal to identify a specific fix.  For users on Wildfire especially, we're recommending you rollback to a previous version:

http://s.evernote.com/android_v4.5.6.2

Make sure to uninstall the current version, uncheck the auto-update on Google Play, then download this version. 

The latest beta contains fixes for some, but not all of the crash issues we're seeing--and will allow you to keep the latest features that came with v5.  The beta can be downloaded here:

http://s.evernote.co....1beta_crashfix

What's an apk file? I have uninstalled on my wildfire. Should I uninstall on my laptop? I have unchecked the auto-update...

Sorry I'm such a noob...

:rolleyes:

Hi Linda,

The .apk file is the installer file pretty much  as .exe files are on windows OS(

Ok, the installer file. How is that supposed to help me? How do I find it? what do I do with it? This is ridiculous.... Maybe I'm in the wrong place to try to get help... Is there a different forum for idiots like me? I'm not even going to try to ask about the beta fix... hahahaha

-_-

• Level 5*

Ok, the installer file. How is that supposed to help me? How do I find it? what do I do with it? This is ridiculous.... Maybe I'm in the wrong place to try to get help... Is there a different forum for idiots like me? I'm not even going to try to ask about the beta fix... hahahaha

(Realizing that this will probably get me into deeper hot water) -- what I usually do with APK files is download them to my device, usually tossing them into a Dropbox folder that's synced to my device. Once it's available, I pull up Dropbox, find the APK file and click on it. It should start up the installation.

Thanks Jeff, but my wildfire won't let me install...? I checked allow installation from other than the butik... still won't let me.

To allow  manual installations I think you need to go to settings>security>and there tick "unknown sources".This is how it is on my samsung but on your HTC things might be a bit different .

I had exactly the same problem on my HTC Wildfire and successfully followed gbarry's instructions to uninstall v5.0 and install the previous version 4.5.6.2.

Here are the steps I followed on the phone:

Uninstall Evernote v5.0
Press Menu, Settings, Applications and tick Allow Installation of non-Market applications.
Accept the warning notice.
Start Google Play, press Menu, Settings and untick Auto-update apps. Exit Google Play.
Start Internet, enter the Web address http://s.evernote.com/android_v4.5.6.2
Version 4.5.6.2. will download and complete its installation automatically.
Start Evernote and enter log-in details.
Evernote will download headers, snippets and other data from your account. Then close Evernote.
Start Google Play, press Menu, My Apps and scroll down to Evernote.
DO NOT press Update! Press on the icon on the left and the app details will appear.
Untick Allow automatic updating, then exit Google Play.
Evernote v4.5.6.2 will now function normally, as before the faulty update to v5.0.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump  :) - Is there any news on a fix for Wildfire - I've turned off automatic updating  - So would not know if an update had occurred or for that matter be able to distinguish between fix and the original update  - no matter the old version seems to work OK

The latest version of the app fixes this problem. 

have anyone tested it on Wildfire?

What's New

What's in this version:

Fixed in 5.0.3

> Crash at start on specific devices

> Added Vietnamese glyphs

> Performance issue on Kindle Fire

> Crash in Multishot camera

Camera improvements

> Page Camera mode beautifully digitizes photos of physical documents and pages

Evernote Smart Notebook by Moleskine!

> Evernote for Android now works with the Evernote Smart Notebook by Moleskine

> Order yours at http://evernote.com/moleskine

Just tested 5.0.3 on my Wildfire and all seems fine.

It launches now which it didn't before and my notes are there and sync'd.

Same here. Just exploring the new look and features on my old Wildfire.

OK, this is odd, and is both encouraging and frustrating.  I can now take Page Camera photos of individual sheets of paper (whether as a single page note or multiple) and all the processing is done just fine.  But it refuses to do the same for my Moleskine Evernote notebook.  It will take the picture fine, but won't do any of the processing.

Galaxy Nexus, latest beta of EN.

• 4 weeks later...

I also experience the flash bug on my HTC Desire S. But I have an additional question, is there / or will be there in the near future, an option to turn the shutter sound off?

I second that request. I use Evernote a lot at work, and loudly snapping pictures of documents does not make me popular with coworkers. I'd love to use the Page Camera feature, but I can't if it's going to make noise.

Third! I would like to use the Page Camera at work without going down the hallway. Can we make this request a new topic if it's not already?

EDIT: You can turn off the shutter sound by turning off your ringer sound (tested on Android), but it would still be nice to not have to remember to turn your ringer back on.

Archived