Windows Error Code 2732 workarounds

Nicolas Dorier

• 3 weeks later...

It's really getting on my nerves, that I can't install Evernote for a few months already!
I tried all "fixes" but none of them worked for me.
They should really hurry up and release the Evernote 5 beta for Windows and create a proper (*.msi) installer, which doesn't seem to ***** about a installed version even there's no clue of Evernote to be found by any program or in the registry at all. :/

It's really getting on my nerves, that I can't install Evernote for a few months already!

I tried all "fixes" but none of them worked for me.

They should really hurry up and release the Evernote 5 beta for Windows and create a proper (*.msi) installer, which doesn't seem to ***** about a installed version even there's no clue of Evernote to be found by any program or in the registry at all. :/

The error isn't in 4.6.4. It's in 4.6.3. Unless you fix it now, you will not be able to update to anything else.

Did you submit a support ticket?

• 2 weeks later...

The error code 2732 is caused by Windows Installer 

Search for "Windows Installer Cleanup Utility", download and execute it

Select any information of Evernote installation and remove it.

Then try again the update and it wiil work perfectly.

This worked for me without any uninstallation or registry modification.

TLhM

Thanks, it works! This is what I did:

1. Download Microsoft MSI cleanup utility: http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/MSI-cleanup-utility-3889c8db

2. Install it

3. Run "Windows Install Cleanup", select "Evernote" and click "Remove"

4. Run the latest Evernote installer

I've successfully used Revo Uninstaller Pro v3.0.2 to uninstall the rogue Evernote version 4.6.3 on two Win 7 Pro 64-bit notebook PC. The keys are:

1. Start up Revo, use "Forced Unintall", select "Advanced scanning mode".

2. At "Program's exact name:", enter "evernote".

3. Select everything in the registry to delete (see attached jpg).

4. Apply step 1-3 again if Evernote still shows up in Revo.

5. Install the latest version 4.6.4.8136(268644) public.

6. Enter your Username and Password.

7. Re sync again to download all the notebooks from server.

I've tried to add/remove notes and the new Evernote version runs as expected. I hope this could help everyone.

Thank lanN very much. It works with me. I used Revo Uninstall Pro and succeeded

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Evernote Gurus!!!

I have spent hours everyday for two weeks straight trying to get Evernote to install.  

STOP RIGHT NOW!!!

If you are ready to offer a 'silver-bullet-solution'.  

I have unsuccessfully tried every single remedy provided on this forum at least 3 times on my own.  I have completely removed all Evernote related items from my system.  I went the revo route. I searched my registry.  I paid for apps to clean out my system.  I am done.

A tech support 'genius' provides 3-5 lines of instruction twice in two days.  Its been a couple days since I have heard from him. The chat support people see that I have an open ticket and end there chat sessions on me.  I get it.  I've done Tech Support in college too....

My only question left......

Does anyone know of a Evernote Replacement App?  I've been working one with OneNote and it seems pretty good and its free and ubiquitous.  

Let me know I'd love to hear other people's ideas on an Evernote Replacement App.  I paid the Evernote Premium service fee and regret that decision so I'd like to avoid paying for another App if possible.

Please 'NO FLAMERS'!

• Level 5

Does anyone know of a Evernote Replacement App?  I've been working one with OneNote and it seems pretty good and its free and ubiquitous.  

Let me know I'd love to hear other people's ideas on an Evernote Replacement App.  I paid the Evernote Premium service fee and regret that decision so I'd like to avoid paying for another App if possible.

Please 'NO FLAMERS'!

OneNote is fairly solid, it's been around for quite a while, run by an established company and can do some stuff Evernote can't.

Give it a try - the only drawback is the price.

Why am I paying for this software? Seriously. I am paying for the premium features and have been unable to to do a simple upgrade for months and months.

At this point, I'm giving up. I doubt the new features are worth the headache of trying to upgrade - especailly when the official company response is to mess around with your registry. I feel that the folks at Evernote don't really care, and aren't doing much to fix the problem.

Either this will be fixed when my renewal comes up, or I'll go back to the free versionn while looking for a replacement.

For those people still having issues, can you let me know what your support ticket numbers are? I know our support team is working individually with people to get this taken care of and everyone I've seen has been fixed or is in process.

• 2 weeks later...

You my friend are a life saver. I have been running an old version of Evernote for some time since I could not uninstall or upgrade. So I finally decided it was time to remove manually. Of course your two listed install registry keys go undetected when searching for Evernote in the registry. Thank you! Upgraded now.

• 2 weeks later...

Nicholas Dorier's workaround (the "Ultimate Fix") worked perfectly for the v5 upgrade. Like many users, I'd been having problems upgrading my v4.6 for many months, and then encountered the same installation error on the new v5 installer. As a precaution, I backed up my v4.6 database (in 'C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases'), but it was unnecessary.

• 5 weeks later...

Upgraded to latest 5.2, still the same damn error since 4.6. I did the ultimate fix again, but will this ever be fixed? I can't auto update. This shouldn't be hard to fix.

Paid Evernote subscriber.

Did you try the Revo uninstall by any chance?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again! As I said before, running the msi packet installs the update. The quick question is that:

when I check the number version on Evernote it says it´s v.4.6.3.8096 (268604) Public

BUT if I check in control panel the uninstall Evernote the version it says is v.5.0.2.1392

So... Do we have Evernote updated or not? (This morning I received a new update message, that´s the question)

• 1 month later...

This is the solution that worked for me on my Lenovo laptop running Windows 7 Enterprise. 

http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-fix-evernote-unable-to-uninstall-install-or-update/

1. I used Microsoft's Fixit to force the uninstall of version 4.6.3 (see link for instructions)

2. I downloaded the most recent version of Evernote

3. I browsed to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp and double clicked the Evernote.msi file, which started the install of the most recent version.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

:D These days  whenever i am trying to update my PC i was also receiving windows  error 2732.

But if you follow the given below instructions then you can also fix windows update error.

Open Internet Options

And to do this click on start button and then click on control panel and  from the control panel click Network and Internet, and then click  Internet Options.

Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.

Under Automatic configuration, select the Automatically detect settings check box, and then click OK.

You can also use third party repair tool to fix this windows update error. Today I have fix my PC by following given instructions and easily install update for windows.

These days  whenever i am trying to update my PC i was also receiving windows update error.

But if you follow the given below instructions then you can also fix windows update error.

Open Internet Options

And to do this click on start button and then click on control panel and  from the control panel click Network and Internet, and then click  Internet Options.

Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.

Under Automatic configuration, select the Automatically detect settings check box, and then click OK.

You can also use third party repair tool to fix this windows update error. Today I have fix my PC by following given instructions and easily install update for windows.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

please DON'T fix this issue !

auto install is for the weak !!!

i want to download the update, then install it, then get an error message it failed, then search my computer for the file evernote.msi and use this to install.

its much more fun this way.

auto install and auto update is sooooo boring.....

nice product and service, too bad its not windows friendly...

maybe try a 3rd party solution? like http://www.installshield.com/ ?

• 2 years later...

Error 2732 code for Windows is very frustrating as this represent different problem. There is no any specific reason behind getting the error so in this case it recommended performing a SFC scan as this may help you to fix the error. But if in case you are unable to fix the error then in this case make use of the Windows Repair Tool. This is designed to fix various errors in Windows operating system automatically.

• 6 months later...

Archived