(Archived) Viewing "all notes' upon opening program

12jas0

After a fresh installation of Evernote, Evernote shows me "all notes" as the default view when I open the program.  This is preferred.

I'm unsure if this is a bug or maybe user error, but after some time, the behavior changes where it only opens the last notebook when I open the program.

Is this a bug, or have I inadvertently altered a setting making it change the default view behavior.  I do want to see "all notes" when I first open the program.

I exit the program on the "all notes" view hoping it will stick but it does not - reverts to only showing the last notebook.  Just unsure why the behavior changes after awhile.

Try exiting Evernote before you shut down.  The window should remember  its last setting.  Once you exit and restart,  "All Notes" should become the default.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I always exit (either file, exit or ctrl-q) and behavior is still opening the last viewed notebook regardless of closing on "all notes" or even the main "Notebooks" title.

• Level 5*

Yes, Evernote is intended to retain state when you exit the program, and restore it when come back. Some people like that kind of stuff.

A quick way to get back to "ground-zero" is just use the F6 shortcut key, which clears the filter criteria (and puts focus in the search control, ready to type).

One thing that you can do to always start up Evernote in an "All Notes" state is to rig up a Windows shortcut to the ENScript.exe command-line program that uses the "showNotes" command with a /q query parameter that returns all notes. Something like the following should do:

ENScript.exe showNotes /q "any:"

Use that shortcut to start Evernote, rather than the usual shortcut to Evernote.exe.

Yes, Evernote is intended to retain state when you exit the program, and restore it when come back. Some people like that kind of stuff.

A quick way to get back to "ground-zero" is just use the F6 shortcut key, which clears the filter criteria (and puts focus in the search control, ready to type).

One thing that you can do to always start up Evernote in an "All Notes" state is to rig up a Windows shortcut to the ENScript.exe command-line program that uses the "showNotes" command with a /q query parameter that returns all notes. Something like the following should do:

ENScript.exe showNotes /q "any:"

Use that shortcut to start Evernote, rather than the usual shortcut to Evernote.exe.

Thank you, F6 fixed it.  Thanks to the others for the various shortcuts as well.

Archived