Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows 8

Windows 8 Evernote Touch uninstall

evernote

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mdavis

mdavis

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

Hello,

I installed the windows 8 app "Evernote Touch" on my Surface Pro and let it sync.  I also installed the windows 8 Evernote desktop app on the same Surface Pro.  I decided I liked the desktop app more and uninstalled the Evernote Touch app.  When I did this, my used space did not decrease.  I expected it would decrease because of the deleting of the Evernote Touch database.

Am I thinking incorrectly?  How do I find out of the Evernote Touch left my large Evernote database on my Surface machine?

thanks,

#2 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

If you have uploaded data to Evernote's servers,  that's your usage score.  Deleting the database from one local installation or the other won't change that.  Check online (via the web client) to see what data you have saved - any new installation will download the stored data and complete future syncs with that database.

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 8, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote