Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Mac

The One Infuriating Evernote 'Feature'

evernote

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 statpumpkin

statpumpkin

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

I love evernote and use it for desktop/mobile/clipping, everything.  But there is one behavior of the Mac desktop app that I cannot stand.

When I create a new note, it creates "Untitled Note" and automatically puts it in my default notebook.   Reasonable.  

Then I add a title, no problem there.

Then I use the pulldown menu to select the appropriate notebook.  But BOOM, the new note gets 'filed' and the focus turns to some other note in the default folder.   Why does it do this?  I want to create a note, identify the right folder, and then start writing, but with the current behavior I have to go 'find' the note after I assign it to the right folder.  I want the focus to stay with the current note in its new folder, rather than switch to the next note in the default folder.

I hope that was clear.  Is anyone else annoyed by this?

#2 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,158 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

I love evernote and use it for desktop/mobile/clipping, everything.  But there is one behavior of the Mac desktop app that I cannot stand.

When I create a new note, it creates "Untitled Note" and automatically puts it in my default notebook.   Reasonable.  

Then I add a title, no problem there.

Then I use the pulldown menu to select the appropriate notebook.  But BOOM, the new note gets 'filed' and the focus turns to some other note in the default folder.   Why does it do this?  I want to create a note, identify the right folder, and then start writing, but with the current behavior I have to go 'find' the note after I assign it to the right folder.  I want the focus to stay with the current note in its new folder, rather than switch to the next note in the default folder.

I hope that was clear.  Is anyone else annoyed by this?

http://discussion.ev...ay-in-the-note/

I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote