(Archived) The One Infuriating Evernote 'Feature'

statpumpkin

Idea

I love evernote and use it for desktop/mobile/clipping, everything.  But there is one behavior of the Mac desktop app that I cannot stand.

When I create a new note, it creates "Untitled Note" and automatically puts it in my default notebook.   Reasonable.  

Then I add a title, no problem there.

Then I use the pulldown menu to select the appropriate notebook.  But BOOM, the new note gets 'filed' and the focus turns to some other note in the default folder.   Why does it do this?  I want to create a note, identify the right folder, and then start writing, but with the current behavior I have to go 'find' the note after I assign it to the right folder.  I want the focus to stay with the current note in its new folder, rather than switch to the next note in the default folder.

I hope that was clear.  Is anyone else annoyed by this?

1 reply to this idea

I love evernote and use it for desktop/mobile/clipping, everything.  But there is one behavior of the Mac desktop app that I cannot stand.

When I create a new note, it creates "Untitled Note" and automatically puts it in my default notebook.   Reasonable.  

Then I add a title, no problem there.

Then I use the pulldown menu to select the appropriate notebook.  But BOOM, the new note gets 'filed' and the focus turns to some other note in the default folder.   Why does it do this?  I want to create a note, identify the right folder, and then start writing, but with the current behavior I have to go 'find' the note after I assign it to the right folder.  I want the focus to stay with the current note in its new folder, rather than switch to the next note in the default folder.

I hope that was clear.  Is anyone else annoyed by this?

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/34738-when-changing-a-notes-notebook-i-want-to-stay-in-the-note/

Archived