Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows Phone

Evernote for Windows Phone v3.0 beta 2

evernote

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 820 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hi All, 

A new beta update of Evernote for Windows Phone is available for testing now. 

We've continued working on refining the UX, and the main change in this update is the tag list. 

It is now more compact and gives a way to directly jump to a specific later (appears if you have more than 20 tags). 

Please give it a try and let us know your feedback here. 

Thanks,
Xavier.

FEATURES

Homescreen 

New layout and style 

The clock action is a placeholder 

Tag list 

More compact layout and group navigation with list > 20 items

Search 

New UX for contextual search, drop down menu to define the context

Note Editor

UI refinement, removed the grey background

To download, select this link on your phone (registered beta users only):

http://www.windowsph...51-3c93d54a7b98

--

To report a crash, follow the following steps:
- from the main level (notes) tap "…" on the bottom right hand corner, select "About Evernote".
- select "Email Evernote activity log", select the email app to use and send the report to the indicated address.

About the beta app, this app will install in addition to any previous betas, and the official marketplace Evernote App. It is installed as totally separate app with its own data.

To sign up to the beta program, please send me a private message stating:

- windows live ID
- preferred email address to be notified (I will use the windows live ID if not indicated)

#2 allen

allen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

3.0 is really coming together, great work!

Couple of notes:

* On my WP8 device, the icons on the home screen and add tiles screen are a bit blurry. I'm guessing they're lower resolution?

* Support for Windows Phone 8 fast app switching. Correct me if I have the terminology wrong, Windows Phone 8 allows you to automatically resume the app when tapping the tile if the app is already running. Right now, launching EN from the tile restarts the app from scratch regardless of whether or not it was previously running.

* The tray doesn't look great when using the "light" theme setting. It's white, the bezel is black and EN is grey so you end up with a white band sandwiched in the middle. Maybe take a queue from Microsoft and make the tray the app icon color (see SkyDrive, OneNote, etc.)

#3 smills903

smills903

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Thanks for the update. However, unless I just can't find it, I would appreciate having the passcode (4 letter/number) to secure my information on my phone. I don't want to have to unlock my phone constantly. I'd prefer just to unlock EN to access my private information. I believe this was active in the prior beta. Is this a feature most want or don't want?

Thanks again for your work on this app for Windows 8.

#4 allen

allen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Thanks for the update. However, unless I just can't find it, I would appreciate having the passcode (4 letter/number) to secure my information on my phone. I don't want to have to unlock my phone constantly. I'd prefer just to unlock EN to access my private information. I believe this was active in the prior beta. Is this a feature most want or don't want?

it's in there, swipe through the settings

#5 kall

kall

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

This is the first beta of 3.0 i try and its horribly slow and unresponsive on a Samsung Omnia 7 running 7.5. 2.x wasn't exactly fluid but it was very usable. This isn't really.

Edit:

Especially loading and navigating the Notebooks and Tags list is very slow.

#6 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• Title: "There is no magic, only lost physics"
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

I'm liking the new style of the WP app, much improved :)

Intial comments:

I feel like the "view all notes" button in the home screen is too lightly contrasted. It needs to be a darker colour (like the username) and perhaps a little bigger. The combination of the two factors means I often overlook it, and start swiping to look at notes instead of tapping it.

Scott

#7 S Banks

S Banks

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

BTW... Loved the fact you added editable checkboxes in previous beta! This version is working extremely well on my HTC Trophy running forced 7.8.

Excellent job, kudos to the devs!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows phone, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote