How to alphabetize notes within a notebook

a2c

Idea

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

You didn't mention which Evernote client you are using, but most clients that I know of can sort on note titles as well as dates. Certainly the Windows, Mac and Android clients can anyways. Regardless, you should understand that this is not a notebook-specific setting, it applies to notes that are shown according to whatever search filter you have operating, whether it's by tag, notebook, date, or some other criterion.

• Level 5*

I think that the default differs by Evernote client. The Windows client keeps whatever setting I was using before. You can sort any selection of notes, whatever appears in the note list (and what appears in the note list is always a filter of some sort, possibly no filter, which means "all notes"), regardless of whether it was obtained by selecting a notebook, a tag, or other criteria.

• Level 5*

I can't help you with your Mac, as I am a Windows user. It would not be a premium feature. I'll mark this as a Mac question, and maybe someone who is more familiar with the Mac UI will pick up on it.

• Level 5*

Copy your Evernote content that you want to alphabetize; open a Word document, paste, sort by alpha, re-copy, return to Evernote and paste.

That will work for sorting text inside a single note. It won't not work for sorting notes within a notebook, which is the actual question here.

At the top of the screen, go to "View.  In the drop down window there is an option to select "Sort by . . . ".  Where I placed the ". . . " it will say something like date created, date updated, title.  You pick how you want it sorted.

Archived