Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

How to alphabetize notes within a notebook

Mac alphabetize notes notebook evernote

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 a2c

a2c

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Can notes in a notebook override the date ordering and be alphabetized instead? Sorting by this method would be very much appreciated...

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,749 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

You didn't mention which Evernote client you are using, but most clients that I know of can sort on note titles as well as dates. Certainly the Windows, Mac and Android clients can anyways. Regardless, you should understand that this is not a notebook-specific setting, it applies to notes that are shown according to whatever search filter you have operating, whether it's by tag, notebook, date, or some other criterion.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 jefito

jefito

• 10,749 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

I think that the default differs by Evernote client. The Windows client keeps whatever setting I was using before. You can sort any selection of notes, whatever appears in the note list (and what appears in the note list is always a filter of some sort, possibly no filter, which means "all notes"), regardless of whether it was obtained by selecting a notebook, a tag, or other criteria.

~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#4 a2c

a2c

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

This link http://evernote.com/...rticle/23192143 (see Mac section) indicates that the date-ordered default setting on my Mac can be changed by clicking on "Notes by Date Created" & selecting "Title." However, I haven't yet been able to locate "Notes by Date Created" in order to switch to "Title." Where is this to be found? Is it a Premium-only feature? Thanks...

#5 jefito

jefito

• 10,749 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

I can't help you with your Mac, as I am a Windows user. It would not be a premium feature. I'll mark this as a Mac question, and maybe someone who is more familiar with the Mac UI will pick up on it.

~Jeff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mac, alphabetize notes notebook, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote