Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Mac

Evernote 5.0.6 For Mac

evernote

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• Title: Desktop Products
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

Hi everyone,

You've all probably read this by now, and there are plenty of threads about it on this forum already. However, in the midst of everything, we released a great version for you all. Let us know how you like it.

New Features

- New Premium feature: Evernote search now works with your office documents (details to come on our blog)
- Re-designed Menu Bar Helper called Quick Note: Create a note any time by clicking the helper or CMD+CTRL+N (old functionality is cmd-opt-ctrl-N)
- New redesigned welcome window
- Multi-select Tags in the Sidebar by CMD-clicking
- Access Premium features and upgrade from the Sidebar

Other Improvements
- Fixed pasting issues
- Business Trash deletion issues are resolved
- Improved speed of large paste operations
- Evernote window no longer steals focus
- Miscellaneous bug and stability fixes

My TwitterCheck out our Knowledgebase  our guides here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#2 namegame

namegame

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:11 AM

- New Premium feature: Evernote search now works with your office documents (details to come on our blog)

That's a fantastic new feature tucked into this update!  Evernote search has become much more powerful for me now since I have numerous Office documents in my account.

#3 namegame

namegame

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

- Re-designed Menu Bar Helper called Quick Note: Create a note any time by clicking the helper or CMD+CTRL+N (old functionality is cmd-opt-ctrl-N)

I do not appear to be seeing this new Quick Note functionality.  Do I need to do something to activate it?  (I'm using the Mac App Store version of Evernote, if that matters.)

#4 tamaracks

tamaracks

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

I am also not seeing the new Quick Note functionality. I have the Mac App Store version as well, but the release notes for that mentioned this feature also, if I recall correctly.

#5 Chris M

Chris M

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

I do not appear to be seeing this new Quick Note functionality.  Do I need to do something to activate it?  (I'm using the Mac App Store version of Evernote, if that matters.)

Same here.  No Quick Note.  CMD+CTRL+N gives me a full new Evernote Note Window.

#6 Rationalist2010

Rationalist2010

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Updated to 5.06 via Mac App Store, but do not have the functionality of the new Quick Note.  Restarted my Mac, etc. but continue to have old version in menu bar.  I've checked preferences, etc. to see if there is a setting I've missed, but not luck.  Anyone have a solution?

#7 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,213 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

[1]   BUG: Quick Note doesn't work properly with Japanese

- Text can be entered, but it doesn't appear on the screen as it should. Please see the video. 

https://www.evernote...81a02b57c5270f7

#8 ka8uhl

ka8uhl

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

I'm finding that screen capture is broken.  I use the "Clip Rectangle or Window" feature (Keyboard Shortcuts) system-wide all the time, but it's no longer working in the latest update this weekend.

Also, pasting images outside EN remains broken.  I used to paste images captured using EN into Mail messages & elsewhere.  This has been broken for several updates and remains broken now.  I can paste OK within EN, but outside EN only the top portion of an image will paste.  The bottom half (or more) isn't there.

Fingers are crossed for fixes to both issues as I need these features.

#9 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,213 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

[2]  BUG: Multiple note links do not work

- Dragging multiple notes into another one ought to create multiple green note links, but instead it only creates one blue unique identifier. See the video. Is this a "feature" or a "bug"?

https://www.evernote...81a02b57c5270f7

#10 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• Title: Desktop Products
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

What OS are you running where you don't see Quick Note? I would make sure you've run your Mac's software updates and try again. Quick Note was designed to work on the latest versions of 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8.

My TwitterCheck out our Knowledgebase  our guides here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#11 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,213 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

What OS are you running where you don't see Quick Note? I would make sure you've run your Mac's software updates and try again. Quick Note was designed to work on the latest versions of 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8.

And my bugs :)

Specifically, is this note link thing a new feature or a bug?

#12 tamaracks

tamaracks

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

10.8.2. I am as up to date as you can get.

#13 bkm27

bkm27

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

New quick note feature not working for me either.  All software up to date.

#14 Rationalist2010

Rationalist2010

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

Running 10.8.2.  Everything is up-to-date, but the new Quick Note is simply not there.

Attached Files

#15 eamonireland

eamonireland

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

Same here - On 10.8.2 but no Quick Note. Just a regular new note opens up.

#16 namegame

namegame

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

I'm also running 10.8.2 and Evernote 5.0.6 but no Quick Note.

#17 aefla

aefla

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

Quick Note works for me on the latest Evernote version downloaded from your website.
It does not work on the Mac App Store version.

#18 KAN_HK

KAN_HK

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

I am using version 5.0.6 download from Evernote.com on Mac OS X 10.8.2

All software and OS X are checked with the latest update.

I don't see the new "Quick Note" window too. :(

#19 lbarriocanal

lbarriocanal

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

There is a "quick note" option in a new menu shown when you click in the gear wheel icon. This icon is shown in the new window upper left corner when you click in the elephant icon.

The lost option now is "paste in Evernote", very useful for me. 

Ctr+cmd+v works, but ...

#20 starkos

starkos

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

While it didn't get any love in change list, THANK YOU for allowing Spotlight search to pop up only the requested document, and not the main window. I live and die by Spotlight and I can't tell you how much grief that was causing me. Very happy!

Unlike others, I am on latest 10.8 and I do get the new quick note feature. A new issue though: if you choose NOT to display the Elephant in the menu bar (one of the preferences), then the keyboard shortcut does nothing. It would be nice if it would fall back to the old behavior and pop up the full note window, but at the least it should disable the keyboard shortcut if the icon isn't shown, very confusing otherwise. Or don't allow people to turn off the menu item at all.

Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote