Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

Adding Company Name in Hello

hello

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Andybridgeeng

Andybridgeeng

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

I just started using Hello.  I scanned in my first business card, but don't see a way to add the company name to the contact.  I'm trying to find a way to scan in a business card and add the information to a contact list.  Do I just need to find a different app, or am I missing something in Hello?  Thanks ahead of time,

#2 mcheng

mcheng

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 383 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Hi Andybridgeng,

We didn't add many additional fields to Hello to keep our redesign simpler.  Also Title and Org are automatically shown if we can find your contact on LinkedIn or Facebook.  That said, we can't always find the person on these services and it seems that manually entering Title and Org seem to be very popular so we are looking to add this to the next release.  

There are 2 ways to add Hello Contacts to your device contacts (which will sync to your desktop if you have that setup).  

1. Open up the Contact Details page and there is an "Add to Contact" on the bottom of the screen (screens).  This will allow you to manually pick and choose which contacts to save to your device contacts.
  2. Open the Hello Settings menu (upper left corner of home screen) and go to Settings > Calendar & Contacts.  The "Save to Contacts" switch, when turned ON, will automatically save every Hello Contact you create to your default contact list on the device.

Hope this helps.

// Martin

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

#3 tkery

tkery

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

I have the same reaction - it appears this only scrapes name, phone, number and email address - It would be great if it could do the same for company, company address and title - I would consider moving to app for all my cardscanning if you could add these features.

#4 mcheng

mcheng

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 383 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

We'll be improving card scanning over time and I'll take these into consideration.  Thanks for your feedback.

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

#5 Andybridgeeng

Andybridgeeng

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

While it isn't the perfect solution...I have found a work around.  In the interest of tapping the collective, I thought I would share it.

I created a contacts type folder in my evernote account that I sync Hello to.  Since Hello saves a picture of the business card, I have been able to search that contacts folder by company name.  So far, the evernote app does a pretty good job of recognizing the company name on the business card.  This is just my two cents thrown in.  If someone else has found a better way to fix this, let me know.

Also..thank you to all the Evernote people letting me know that future Hello updates may add the feature I'm looking for.  It's very satisifying to know you guys are listening to customer feedback.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, hello

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote